Chapter 42: Reunion

The new cover though...
~Enjoy this chapter! Went over a few times to edit, sorry for mistakes.

Chapter 42

"RR-RRREEEGGGGIIII... IIII...ICE."

The robotic Pokemon lifted a crystal arm, a glowing orb forming.

Hyper beam.

I yelped, throwing myself to the side as a bright, deadly beam was launched.

"Geeeeengaaar!" Gengar was in front of me in a heart beat, opening a black hole to absorb the blast. We couldn't make noises to alert the entire castle now could we?

"Grace!" With that distraction, Ken grabbed my wrist and yanked me up.

"Gar Gen!" Gengar urged us to run, opening a black orb in front of him to launch shadow pulses from.

"IIII....REEEEEEGGGGIIIIICC...EE.."

I heard little explosions as Regice was hit, and in no time our tour guide was back in front of us.

"Biiii! Ceeeellleee!" Celebi held the lead, helping Gengar guide us. She knew about as much as the castle as Gengar did.

We went through long hallways and through servant accessible tunnels and stairwells.

Soon, Regice was far behind us as we slid to rest behind old crates in some sort of a laundry room.

The doors were sealed with Gengar's power, and we always sat nearest an exit.

I sighed and rested my head on Ken's shoulder, at the same time producing the diary from my coat.

"This belonged to Kestrel?" Ken examined a page that slid out from the leather bound.

"Yeah." I laid out the pages, snapping my fingers. Gengar rolled his eyes and sent out a wispy flare to brighten the room. I skipped the first hundred pages, landing on the new year of 1800. Kestrel's 21st birthday.

~

January 20, 1800

It is my 21st birthday today, and every person is ecstatic. My kin smile and gift me with many homemade presents. My dear father smiles warmly, but his crown twinkles in my vision only. It is my turn to be the king now is it not? I yearn for the throne, but I never get it. Father is old and ailing, yet I fear the throne won't reach me soon; or in fact be given to another.

January 21, 1800

Snow fall drenched the castle grounds. It is so cold, and my father is laid to rest from an illness in bed. He is dying I figure, but with unreached sorrow in my heart. Why do I feel this way? I just need to be something better don't I?

~

Grace

I suck in a breath. He was turning bad in those short entries. He was becoming something he couldn't even dream of being. I shuddered and quickly shut the pages to the diary.

"Gen." Gengar put a finger to his lips, putting out the lights. Around us, footsteps of men sounded restless. Doors open, cabinets and such thrown and making crashing noises. Catching my breath in surprise, I pulled the diary back in my coat.

Gengar slowly opened the door near us. He hopped to his feet first and led the way, beckoning us forward. We crept through the intersection of a hall, a group of Frost Bite men far down away from us. I held my breath.

"Gassstttlllyyy..." When we made it past the wide intersection, a horde of Gastly met us, smiling wide. I barely remembered to whirl around and slap a hand over Ken's mouth as he let loose a straggled cry.