Chapter 10 : Saving Snivy

Snivy was bent on escaping somehow.

He flashed down Ascension Square, heading to the little port. Why there? I gritted my teeth and went on.

"Snivy! You're going to be cornered! Don't you understand? You'll fall in the water!" I took small steps, putting my hands out to look innocent.

"You were treated bad before," The Snivy inched backwards. "But I'm okay."

"Chu! Pi! Chu!" Pichu tried reasoning, confidently. "Sni! Vy! Sni!" Snivy harshly yelled out, shooting a powerful razor leaf. Pichu squealed and flattened herself to the ground, narrowly avoiding the razor blade leaves, which went on even until hitting the tree line, cutting into the brushes and trees.

"Snivy! Stop!" There was nothing much to do now. It was either Snivy fall, or me save him. Then I remembered I had two stylers tucked in my shorts.

"Capture on!" I approached the dock now, styler aimed. "Sni!" Snivy pulled at the styler once more, eyes widening at what I held.

"Snivy. I'm nice." I shot the capture disc out, at the same time Pichu interrupted me. "Pichu?" It was not like her to bother me during a capture.

Then I saw the issue. "Mank! Mankey! Man!" The crazed monkey Pokemon charged out as a group, snorting and jumping threateningly. Snivy's razor leaf must have alerted them.

I faced them, my back to Snivy. These Pokemon were very ready to attack. I had to capture them now.

"Pichu! Use poke assist electric!" So basically, a thunder wave attack.

"Chu! Piiii!" The electricity hit the first wave of Mankey, giving me time to loop the capture disc around three at a time. It wasn't hard, but there were lots more of them. They were nice Pokemon I know, but they were so mad at Pichu and Snivy!

They swarmed around me like a wave, I didn't know what to do as Snivy was approached.

Then I saw it. The leader, a whooping Primeape was glaring at me from the back. It was some what of common sense to know if the leader was down, so were the others.

I took a step forward. "Primeape! We are sorry!" I shot the capture disc out, twisting it in patterns around the large monkey. "Prime!" It tried lashing out, but I wouldn't let it.

"Sni! Sni!" Letting my guard down, I saw Snivy surrounded. Terrified, I went faster.

"Capture complete!"

"Primeape! Call your Mankey off! We're sorry!" The capture was done with.

"Ape! Prime!" It stared me straight in the eyes, yelling out to its group. I whirled around to see Snivy in that instant. The Mankey stopped fighting Snivy.

"Sni." Snivy panted, noticing it was over.But was it?

"Man! Key! Mank!" The Mankey closest to Snivy snorted and sucker punched him, finishing off by donkey kicking him straight in the water.

"Snivy!" I screamed, surging past the Pokemon to dive straight after the knocked out Pokemon. I didn't have to think to save him, heading into the chill, dark water.

I went straight down, at least it wasn't that deep here. Soon, I felt Snivy's tail, yanking him up and struggling toward the surface.

I gasped for breath, spitting and pulling Snivy up on my shoulders. "Breath! Breath, Snivy!" I paddled weakly to shore, pulling Snivy in my lap. The styler was gone, but the string was still tight. I pulled on it, using my teeth.

"Come on, Snivy! I'm so sorry!" I pulled again, this time the string snapped. Snivy coughed and let out a huge breath, moaning softly in his unconscious state, spitting up water.