Chapter 20 : Stopping the Storm

Keldeo was very fast, picking through the trees with no problem.

You okay? He asked. "Y-yeah." I gasped, ducking my head into his fur.

We'll be there very soon.

Hopefully, and probably. I couldn't even tell where we were going, the scenery the same; a green blur everywhere I looked.

"Chu! Pi!" We slowed down, finding ourselves in the trees outside the streets of Peultown.

I... I can't go on. Find Celebi's traitor friend and stop this!

How could Isaac stop this? He did this?

Just go! This is only part one! Me dropping you off!

"Okay. No problem Keldeo. Stay safe!" With that, I found my way through the streets to find Isaac's flower shop. Everything in the city seemed calm, people dancing in the snow flurries, their Pokmon biting at the crystals. Nothing to feel uneased by.

"Isaac!" I found myself at the flower shop soon enough, where Leavia and Melody were rushing flowers inside.

"Oh! Grace!" Leavia waved before picking up a wilting tulip, cold from the snow.

"Hey! Is Isaac home?" The least I could've done was help, so I followed her and Melody inside with a plant of my own.

"Thank you, Grace, and yes, he is upstairs. Why?" I gulped, not even sure myself.

"Homework ." I quickly lied, racing up the flight of stairs, remembering where Isaac's room was.

"Isaac!" I didn't find the boy there, but Pichu was the one to point out the fire escape door to the roof was open.

"Isaac!" I tried again, carefully climbing the metal steps to the top, where the wind bit the most.

"Chu! Pichu!" Pichu immediately knew something was off, her cheeks popping with electricity.

"Chu! Pichu! Pi!" Pichu led me up, the first thing I saw were Crygonal and Glalie surrounding something.

"Glaaaaaalie!" The Pokemon quickly floated down to my level, slightly revealing none other than Isaac.

"Grace!" Isaac yelled past his guards. "Grace! What are you doing?"

I refused to get near, it was common sense not to get close anyhow.

"What are you doing?" I snapped, making eye contact when I could.

"Crygooo!" That didn't last long, a powerful icy wind hurled straight at me.

"Chu!" Pichu and I lunged to the side, Pichu giving it a discharge head on.

"I did something... It's a test and I'm not sure what's going on! I'm trapped!" I blinked and studied his tough captors. I didn't have a styler, so what could I do?

"Pichu! Discharge!" Time for trainer instincts, and why not? There were many, but we could try to distract them for an escape.

"Chu! PIIIIII!" Pichu let loose enough electricity to kill, hitting only four at once.

"Isaac!" That could've been enough, allowing a path for Isaac to run to the stairs.

"Grace! Watch out!" As I reached for Isaac to pull him down to safety, Isaac had to shove me away instead, saving me from an ice beam.