Chapter 26 : Boundaries

Almia was nothing, when Dialgia and Palkia formed the land of Sinnoh northward. Eventually, that strip of land was worked and ruled by King Luminous, in the Almia Castle tucked away in a mountainous region, protected by powerful Pokemon, people working with them hand in hand always. Humans and Pokemon trusted each other, especially the bloodline of the King; the three sons and two daughters.

The oldest son, dressed in blue took after their father, next to be the Water King. After him were the sons dressed in Yellow and Red, and finally, the daughters, the older of the two the Ice Princess, the younger one, the Forest Princess.

For years they all lived in harmony, when one day, the three Princes got in a fight over the throne. King Luminous was getting old, ready to pass on his life in the circle of royalty in Almia, and the sons were ready to use this advantage.

The fighting soon got out of hand, however and the King wanted peace again when the quarreling grew worse.

Before any son could be banished, the dark aura from the madness summoned the once kind, legendary beast, Kyurem. He promised he would stop the fighting somehow, restore peace. It didn't go as planned.

The oldest Prince had the thought to have his brothers killed, everything in the Castle frozen- frozen to his liking. Kyurem would be the Pokemon behind this- the strongest Pokemon of their time.

The Ice Princess wouldn't let him. She had the purest heart, she understood Kyurem, she knew her brother and Kyurem were alike, both clouded with evil thoughts, though they had once been clean of bad lust. Their hearts were now frozen, locking sense away. As much as she wanted peace, Kyurem had to die, cast away in his own ice forever, trapping the evil away. Giving back her brother in the process.

When Hope, the young Princess had her chance, she fought with Kyurem, working with a bright sword, made of hard ice, made of the spirit of her father as he died in the throne room. He sacrificed himself for Hope to stab the long sword through Kyurem's heart, and she succeeded, but as the very powerful ice Pokemon perished, a cold wind stabbed through the land, freezing everyone in close range, trapping a northern valley of forever ice and snow, making the dangerous Almia Castle almost impossible to reach.

For ways unknown even today, Hope survived. She lived the freezing cold, dubbed officially the Ice Queen- but no, she wouldn't take it. No one ruled the frozen castle, and the royal bloodline ceased to exist, after each Prince disappeared and were pronounced dead, the last princess giving her heart to the forest- vanishing altogether.

The Ice Queen, the Hope of Almia, disappeared soon after as well. She had fulfilled the greatest goal; she saved her family- her family had saved her, and now- the new family, the sole lives of the people living in this strip of land; living through the peace and harmony the Ice Queen had envisioned for all the people, for all the Pokemon.

The Red Shard, as it was named, was steadily kept a secret between Isaac, Professor Hastings, Chairperson Erma, Keith and I. No one else would have to know how important it was, needed for the Blade of Boundary, or the Luminous Blade, that was needed to reawaken Kyurem.

After Isaac filled my mind with legends, knowledge, it clicked. How had I not known this before? At least I knew now. At least I knew what I had to do now- check out Hippowdon Temple.

Had Team Frost Bite swept it for the Yellow Gem- er- Shard already? It didn't matter, they needed all three, and if they had the Blue Shard, the Red would be all they needed.

"I'll act as sort of your operator for this little mission." Isaac told me before I would take another boat south of Boyleland. The Haruba Desert, reported to be cold but sandy still, even though it had been a week after the Boyleland episode, where that whole land form became solid ice. No one had to be evacuated from Haruba, yet, but checking out that temple was my mission to see if they would have to.