Epilogue

Previously

As we took to the sky, the words echoed in my mind.

Long live the Queen.

Long live Almia!

Grace managed to destroy Cryst's Gauntlet, releasing the hold he had on the Pokemon of Almia. With that, Kyurem was able to calm down, and the Tao trio regained their brotherhood. Before hand, however, Celebi helped Grace visit Hope, Almia's missing princess. Hope claimed that Grace had a greater mission ahead, inheriting her Tear to the new Queen.

Overjoyed with the victory, Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram acknowledged Grace's place as queen, Kyurem promising never to hurt another Pokemon or human again. Meanwhile, Reshiram had returned to take the new Queen, restoring Almia to its better state, the fear and frozen fury gone forever.

*

Epilogue

The castle was beautiful. Reshiram turned the sky bright and warm, all clouds gone. I saw the castle as it once was, not ruins covered in snow and ice.

That was once my home. I felt it.

In a few days time, support came out in helicopters and flying Pokemon to rescue the wounded. There were too many casualties, including Keldeo and Lucario. I knew they would heal, and I would even make sure they got the best treatment back home.

I felt a connection to the castle now, but an urge to leave. It was weird, it overwhelmed me but no matter my destiny or calling, I had to see my friends.

"Grace." I saw Ken in the crowded throne room lit with fire and fire Pokemon warming countless stiff rangers. You would think the ice here would melt, but it was still cold and held strong.

"Ken."

Ken got up from his cot, ice pressed against a head wound. We ran to each other, surprisingly not slipping on the ice.

I held him and he held me.

"You did it. You saved us." Our foreheads were pressed against each other, and his soft brown eyes looked into mine. I remembered when I first met him, when we were starting off as rangers. That seemed so long ago.

"Let's pledge to become great rangers and operators, and do something awesome one day." Paul began. In that instant, I hoped and prayed that we would become amazing rangers, or operators, and do something truly awesome!

Well that pledge was true now. I guess saving Almia was truly awesome.

Ken smiled and closed his eyes, pressing his lips to mine. I froze but accepted it. Now this was much better than before. This time our lips weren't being frozen together...

This kiss, being so close to Ken was almost as awesome as saving Almia. We stayed like that for a long time, until I felt someone watching.

"Isaac!"

Face red, I smiled at my mushroom haired friend.

"Hey love birds. I was waiting 'til you were finished."

Isaac rose an eyebrow, crossing his arms. Ken chuckled and smiled innocently. "Aw come on Isaac. We were having fun."