Chapter 49: The Land He Loves

Chapter 49

You. Get out. NOW

He looked so incredibly different, and beside that, the question of how he was free was slamming my conscious.

"Lucario."

Ken gasped, shocked as I was.

This Lucario- a Lucario I could not remember- had more defined, evolved features. His cream fur became longer, thighs slim. There were more spikes on on the back of his icy sapphire blue paws- that also matched sapphire feet.

The appendages on the sides of his head stuck out and flowed with power, tipped with a glowing light blue color.

I don't... Know what is wrong with me...

This Lucario clutched his head, groaning loudly.

Gr-Grace! You... D-die!

Ken kicked a chair out in front of us as this corrupt Pokemon launched aura spheres.

"Lucario! Stop!" I begged. If my guessing was correct, the power illuminating from the castle gave a frozen Lucario a rude awakening- his ties to this place too strong. Any Pokemon from here had to be super powered- very different if Lucario resembled something cold and psychically different.

No!

Lucario lunged at us, kicking the chair into a wall. It broke into splintered pieces.

"Ken! Reshiram!" I looked at him, then the orb, and threw myself away from the table. Aura spheres rained mercilessly, yet I seemed to miraculously avoid them.

Grace... You have to... Leave...

Lucario threw an aura sphere, but seemed to force himself to miss. He was still good, but controlled by the bad vibes Cryst gave off.

Just like Kestrel's bad aura.

"Eeeeeeerrraaaa!"

Lucario kept coming, throwing chairs at the ground in front of me. I was terrified. Recently, I've had bad run ins, but this held a different place.

"Grace!" Ken came running at Lucario, a candle raised and posed to strike.

Foolish boy.

Lucario turned on time, grabbing the candle and pointing it like a sword. His eyes were blazing, and he looked ready to kill.

"Ceeeelleeeebiii!"

Magical leaves cut into Lucario, shocking him for a second.

"Celebi!" Ken scrambled to his feet, this distraction allowing us to run back to the door.

"Biii!" Celebi was on the ground from her effort paces away, panting heavily.

"Grab her!" I shouted, hastily scooping up Pichu.

Get back here!

Lucario was racing toward us in no time, aura sphere in paw.

"Biii!" Celebi gave one last effort- using psychic powers to throw several chairs at the Pokemon. It didn't help, but gave us time to shut the oak doors and run to the throne room.

Grace!

We had a good lead. Lucario was close, but Articuno was waiting, flapping her wings in a frenzy.

"Grace! You go fir-" As we were in the clear, an even scarier Pokemon sprang out into view.

"Reeeggiii..."

Our old friend looked infuriated. Third time was the charm, it seemed.

"Arrrttiiiicuuu!" Articuno was shocked, barely given time to dodge a hyper beam.