Chapter 13 : Manipulation

Okay. What could that mean? We didn't even know for sure. This was so much to deal with.

"They can't be taking over Altru Inc. It has been done, but... No." Paul was as nervous and sweaty as I was. We got out of of the elevator to the forth floor, walking down an empty hall. I had to do something, anything.

"I know," Could I be brave this time? I had to! "What?" Paul looked pale himself, fiery eyes dark. "We are going back to the third floor!"

"No. We don't even know them, what organization they are! All I know for one, I that they cause rangers big trouble!"

It was true Paul didn't know a thing about what my personal info. Team Frost Bite. I hugged my arms, rubbing goosebumps.

They'd throw us out for sure, but we had to try to see what was going on.

"Service stairs." Paul led me to the end of the hall, and we slowly walked down in the dim light. "Chu! Pi!" Pichu had shaken out of her fear of almost dying today, and nudged me. "Thanks." I squeaked.

If anything went wrong, Pichu had my back.

"Okay. Remember, w-we are lost from seeing my parents." Paul gave us a plan, and we carefully pushed into the busy floor.

Right away, I noticed all the men and women wore business outfits. The place wasn't out of the ordinary, but I guess we weren't looking hard enough.

"Look at their hair." Paul pointed out. Staring at a woman, I noticed she had a streak of sapphire on her bang.

Comparing that to another man, I noticed he had a sapphire streak on the tip of his hair. If it were anything like at that man from the fire...

"Come on." Paul and I bravely weaved through the cubicles, mostly unnoticed, though we were obvious. I got dirty looks when I glanced over at their screens, not seeing too much but tiny words and numbers. Easy disguises to any other worker.

"What are you kids doing here?" Finally, we were stopped, but what a record. Going strong for three minutes!

"We...We.." Paul stuttered again, making me nervous.

"We are looking for our friend!" I blurted out.

The person talking to us was a tall man, different than the others. For one, he was gorgeous, with stunning diamond blue hair, his face flawless with a chiseled chin, muscles bulging through a tuxedo. I instantly had the courage, however, to look into his own bright blue eyes, holding my gaze.

"Oh? Isaac? Is he 'our' friend?" His voice was light and smart; you would've never told he was a bad guy. I saw straight through it, however.

"Yes." Paul was encouraged by me. "Mud! Mud!" Mudkip nodded.

"Oh? Nice Pokemon, I assume you are, rangers to be." How he said rangers made me nervous, with a trace of distaste.

"Yes." I confidently snapped. Better than being a bad guy!

"Okay. Let's get Isaac then? Shall we?" No. No we were okay. Nothing would happen.

"Yes, please." I agreed with a mocking smile. I was so dumb.

"This way." The man led us through the cubicles, and it all finally dawned on me. We would see Isaac. We would see Cryst.

We stopped at a more private cubicle, with a door. Paul and I were as tense as we could be, even trembling.

The blue man pressed a button on the door, mumbling into it. They seemed to be having a conversation or something, until the door finally opened.

"Sorry. We got to go." I took Paul's hand and began to run. I couldn't take it! No way would I confront Cryst.