Chapter 41: Winded

🎊Happy New Year! 🎊
Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday and this chapter...

Chapter 41

Grace

"Articuno! Use Whirlwind!"

Articuno swept her wings, beating the men and snow mobiles as they converged on a familiar shape.

She ice beamed all the vehicles, blowing them up with or without a man on board.

Articuno cried out and swept lower to the ice. I rolled out onto solid ground, appearing at a tied up Arcanine's side first.

"It's okay, buddy." I quickly saw him as Luka's partner. "Arrr.." He whined as I released him.

"Hey! Stop her!" The men slowly recovered, but not before I helped my Ken up to his feet.

"Bi! Bi!" Celebi weakly flew into me.

"You're okay, Celebi." I gasped, trying not to cry as we were reunited.

"Aaaaarrrttiiiiiiiicccccuuuu!" Articuno landed in front of us defensively.

"Get on Articuno." I breathed, choking back the tears. Ken smiled lop sidedly.

"Wait." Before he hopped on the freezing legendary Pokemon, he produced a pokeball.

"A-Arcanine return!" When Arcanine was safe, he took another step toward Articuno and blacked out. He'd have to explain that later.

"Ken!" I set Celebi on my shoulders, using both hands to help my exhausted friend on Articuno's back.

"Cuuuu! Arrrrr!" When we were all on her and in tact, Articuno took off in a show of mist and ice shards. When we were safe in the sky, I hugged Celebi in my coats, held Ken to Articuno and sobbed into his back.

Ken could've been so badly hurt. He was. He was so badly hurt. On the back of his neck I traced a bruise, causing him to twitch in his sleep. Sleep?

"Ken! Wake up." I wiped my tears away, shaking my head.

"You can't sleep in the cold." He'd die! I shook him, but he was limp on Articuno's back.

"Ken. Please! I can't lose you again." I turned him slightly, holding his face in my gloved hands.

"Biii! Celeeee!" Celebi tried helping, pounding her little fists against his chest. She loved him as much as... I did.

Without thinking about it, my face was in his. I pressed my lips to his freezing dry ones. I held myself there, slowly finding myself unsure of what to do.

I closed my eyes and an all new energy took over. My lips moved against his, and it took only a few moments to realize he was the one guiding me.

With a hand holding himself up- and another around my back and anchoring me to Articuno, we kissed more passionately, fast and strong, hungry almost- then slow and careful, savoring our touch. In the freezing weather, we were a burning stove.

It took all my strength not to fall against him and send us and Celebi plunging into the lake, and over Articuno, and I broke away.

"I'm awake." Ken smiled weakly, tracing his gloved hand along my back, sending shivers through my body.

"I'm here." He patted Celebi's head from inside my jacket where she had been almost crushed into him. He looked so sad, but grateful. I was speechless.

"Ken..."

His voice cracked. "I don't mean to break my promises, but believe me when I say I will never leave you again, Grace."