Chapter 48: Help Needed

Sorry for the long wait. Thanks for reading and please vote if you enjoyed.

Chapter 48

Zekrom stood as tall as Kyurem, looking just as scary, just as powerful as he.

He was dark, slate black from head to toe. The only colors that were different were his glowing red eyes and the pulsing blue energy in his conical shaped, electricity generating tail. He stood just as tall as I remembered, but actually being close to him, I could feel the power illuminating off this sky warrior in waves. I felt so small beside him, and unlike Kyurem, he stood on two legs. I was no taller than his feet.

"GRACE. GET ON."

Without explanation, the electric/dragon type reached his enormous base ball mitt like hand down to me. Gulping, I climbed on it, letting the Pokemon drop me between his shoulder blades.

"HOLD ON."

Zekrom flapped his just as big wings, beginning to exit the throne room with an accelerating speed. This Pokemon did not waste time. He seemed to take no consideration for my safety at the moment. This ride was like no other, and the mission would probably be my last.

The wind was cold, too cold with Kyurem flying around. It was a wonder how Zekrom could see, going higher and higher, knowing where to go.

"THERE." Zekrom purred, giving a sudden speed boost. This Pokemon seemed to know its course before it even grew from that black orb. How was it even trapped in there?

"THEY ARE CIRCLING THE CASTLE."

Zekrom snorted, hovering where he flew now. I squinted, seeing Kyurem's shape through the blizzard.

"Now what?" I dared to ask, cringing against his back. Zekrom pivoted his head until he met my eyes with his.

"WE STOP HIM." As Zekrom said this, he lunged forward, nearly knocking me off. I sent out a silent prayer. Oh dear Arceus, don't let me fall.

Maybe the great Pokemon Himself will catch me if I do. Weirder things have happened.

Zekrom formed a bright blue fist of lightning, pounding it into a distracted Kyurem.

"GAH!" Kyurem went flying, twisting through the air. It was a wonder Cryst held strong.

Kyurem shook his head, looking completely fine. If that Pokemon could smirk, it did so now. "ZEKROM. HOW ARE YOU?"

Zekrom hissed, shaking in pure hatred. "KYUREM. YOU SPLICED ME THROUGH YOU, THEN USED ME TO TAKE DOWN RESHIRAM." Zekrom's voice was soaked with distaste.

But Reshiram. That name made me feel warm inside. Where was Reshiram? The Vast White Pokemon could... Change this weather. He could truly change the course of this battle.

"BUT DID HE DIE? UNFORTUNATELY NOT. NO MATTER, HE IS NOT HERE IS HE? LET'S HAVE YOU JOIN HIM IN HIS ABSENCE."

Kyurem launched a dragon pulse without warning. I yelped as Zekrom barrel rolled to the side, shooting an equally as strong dragon breath.

Kyurem easily ducked away from it, snapping his jaws. This battle was far from over, and the fighters were near balanced in strength.

We needed a second fighter. We needed him.

Reshiram.

"AAAAAAHHHHGAAAAAH!" Zekrom charged again, attempting a zen headbutt.

Kyurem growled, kicking him in the side. I caught the impact, loosing my grip. This battle had not been long, but we were losing fast.