Chapter 21 : The Missing Teacher

"Articuno! Use whirlwind, will you? On the girl to be specific." I barely had enough time to jump from Staraptor, Pichu flying from my coat as I smacked into the cold metal ground.

 Right in front of Cryst.

"Pichu!" I screamed, my blood turning to pure ice. Cryst cracked a small smile, looking down at her with lust, like a predator.

"Chu... Pich. Pi.." Pichu whimpered, trying to get up, trying to get away.

"This is better than I'd hope for. My Pichu package, right at my feet." He didn't reach for her, but ordered for Articuno to surround her with ice spikes.

"Don't you know Pichu is Celebi's friend?" He looked down at her like a meal. "Just a fun fact."

"You leave Pichu alone!" Isaac swept down on Staraptor with a dangerous brave bird attack, Articuno getting hit by it. It didn't do much damage, Articuno recovering quickly and shooting an ice beam in retaliation. When it missed, she awaited further command.

"Isaac! Who's team are you on?" Cryst crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes. He didn't look concerned at all, jaw set, eyes colder than ever, yet still looking the same.

"I... You're trying to hurt Celebi! Trying to use her!" Issac shook his head and fished something from his coat pocket.

"Grace! Use this! I-I borrowed it from school!" The green device was thrown through the air, and I caught it, ready to use it on Articuno, make her on the good side once more. Thank you Isaac.

"You think that will work?" Cryst was unamused, but I knew he was worried.

"Yes. It will." I shot the capture disc, aiming for Articuno.

"Articuno! Make sure to use your ice attacks!"

"No! I... Will win!" I looped the disc, avoiding the ice beams and wing attacks. Articuno... This is for your fellow Pokemon.. Not for humans... For your friends! Listen.. To me...

I was furiously looping her up with the disc, beginning to get dizzy. Seeing that crystal palace in my vision, seeing Articuno in a different, better world. Arrrrrrrtiiiiiiiiccuuuuuuuu!

"Articuno! No!" Cryst snapped me out of my thoughts, waking me up.

"Tiiiicuuuuunnnnooo!!! Aaarr!" Articuno was... On my side now.

"Articuno." I panted, slowly smiling.

"No! You foul Pokemon!" Cryst threw that dark Pokeball to retake her, but it wouldn't work. Articuno was saved.

"Great job, Grace." Isaac flew down to me, hopping off the Staraptor, confronting that man. It was over wasn't it?

"Isaac... You betrayed me. You..." Cryst took a step back, and laughed. This gave me the chance to free Pichu, still weak and exhausted.

"Nonetheless. I have the plans. The plans you made. The next step will be soon." Cryst threw out three pokeballs, and before a dark haze clouded our vision, two Honchcrow and a Dragonite smirked straight at me.

"Let's get... Out of here!" I led Isaac to Articuno, feeling her soft, feathers, feeling my way to her back.

"Tiiiiiicuuuuuuuuuuunnnnoooo!"

We didn't get to chase after Cryst, we didn't get to know what he would do, but...

Grace. I'm going after him. Keldeo. Out of nowhere, I just heard him in my head, nearby in fact.