Chapter 35: Listen

Chapter 35

KEN

Waking up meant getting ready, eating a hearty meal of vegetable and meat stew, with assortments of berries to go along.

I was feeling like a loner on this morning, sitting with Keldeo and Celebi, slowly eating as I scanned the rest of the cabin, taking in the vintage touch of the room Grandmother had so comfortably arranged.

There were many bookshelves, lining as many walls as they could, though leaving spaces for paintings and maps filling their empty lots. Off the walls, there were the two long couches across from each other, and two easy chairs parallel. Grandmother's rocking chair left a nice touch. Overall in the crowded den, it was just that, but very neat.

I sighed when I finished my hot meal, standing to get my bowl to the kitchen.

Wait!

Keldeo. The Colt Pokemon stood when I did, Celebi raising her antennae from her little bed near the stove.

"What?" I turned abruptly. The eager Pokemon stomped a hoove and snorted.

We're leaving soon right? We have rested and eaten a meal fit for a horde of Snorlax!

I rolled my eyes, and set my bowl on a side table. From where she sat, Mari reached out to grab my arm.

"What's wrong?" She asked, a bit concerned. Keldeo only spoke to me, but I wondered how long he could keep that up.

"He wants to go. Go save Grace. The castle."

I narrowed my eyes, staring at the wooden floor, not meeting this girl's dark green eyes with mine.

"We can't just leave!" Mari picked up my harsh tone, standing up fast. I guess this attracted attention, for Bernard was at her side in a heartbeat.

"Calm down. What's wrong?" He carefully touched her arm, looking from Keldeo to me.

We must go!

Keldeo frowned and I knew he stretched his mind. If they wouldn't listen to me, then take it from a legendary Pokemon. I knew everyone now lheard his voice- the expressions in the next few seconds were priceless. I couldn't help but to bite my lip and smile.

We must go.

When everything was dead silent, Keldeo repeated himself, his tone more mentally deadly.

"Go?" Luka stepped forward, repeating that and sounding lost and confused.

"L-Luka is right. We can't just go. The Lake has never returned a soul before. Why start now?" Benny- usually humorous Benny- was dead serious, scared almost.

Keldeo frowned. He stepped back, nearly tripping.

The storm is bad. It is and still is, but with help we can make it. Or at least he and I.

Keldeo rose a hoove my way, dipping his head.

"Help? I wonder who could try that also besides Ken?" Keith spoke up, raising an eyebrow and thoughtfully crossing his arms. We were rangers. We listened to Pokemon, and in return, they did the same.

Keldeo rolled his eyes and didn't say another word, and hushed conversation broke out. No one noticed Grandmother appear in the front, carefully scooping up Celebi from where she laid not too far from Bria and Ria.

"Go, you must." She began in her strong voice, old and rustic from years of story telling. It was comforting yet stern, and it silenced the room again.