Chapter 18 : White Christmas

I was on the back of a Pokemon, cream colored and smooth to the touch. I got a grip on its long, feathery red mane, focusing my vision to see us running on water.

Was this reality? What was this Pokemon?

I'm Keldeo! It snapped, as if I would know. How did it know I wanted to know?

I just do! I'm smart! It was scary to think now, my mind not secure right now, but this Pokemon was cocky.

I saved you. You and Pichu. He growled in my mind, scaring me a bit.

"Okay, but, where am I, and where is Pichu?" The water was never ending it seemed, everything else around me a thick, misty fog.

She's fine. So are you. So is your mate, and so are the other humans arriving.

"Wait? Mate?" Ken was not my 'mate', but most importantly, this was a dream! Or something.

What did you think, Grace? So we were acquainted weren't we? Oh, and if you didn't know, he is fond of you. I rolled my eyes.

Yep! So anyways, I saved you, you know, and I took you on this little vision while unconscious, so I could tell you something.

Tell me what? At that thought, I heard Keldeo sigh in frustration.

Grace! Don't you know? Pokemon know, smart humans know!

Know what? "Tell me!" I screamed. I hate not knowing! I hated not knowing anything about the unknown!

Grace! You ar- Keldeo was cut off, stopping his run on the water. Was that a good choice?

Grace. They're going to get me! I don't know why.. I.. He has to be stopped!

I snapped my eyes open, jolting to an upright position.

"Grace!" I was in my room, my mom and sister hovering above me.

"I'm okay." I sighed, feeling around for Pichu. She was snoozing beside me, peaceful at least.

"You almost died! What were you doing?" My mom sat at the foot of my bed, burying her face in her hands. I never saw her this way.

"Mom. I'm sorry!" I slowly got up, waking Pichu who jumped onto Rosie, allowing herself to be squeezed.

"I know you're growing up, and you chose to be a ranger, and, well I'm glad you have Pichu and others to help you out!" I hugged her, leaning against her as she sobbed some more.

"At least you were saved!" Rosie agreed with a whimper.

By Keldeo...

"Okay, Gracey, you just rest for a while, your father will be home soon." My mom got up, easing me back to bed. I wasn't sick was I? Just very sore, weak, light cough...