Chapter 43: Punishment

Chapter 43

"Cryst."

I spat the name out like poison. The poison didn't just leave with the word- it cut into my blood and spread through my body like fire.

"Perfectly played. You are a sneaky girl, you." He stalked in front of me, dusting gloved hands.

"You don't touch her! I'll kill you!" Ken shook with all his energy, glaring with every muscle in his face.

"Oh we don't need to touch her. We don't need her do we?" I squeaked in terror as the evil master mind pulled a long dagger from his belt. Would he kill me here and now?

"We only need Celebi. Where is our little time traveling forest guardian?"

They didn't have her? My eyes grazed the brightly lit clearing. Kyurem's frozen body seemed to move every now and then- but didn't. His eyes however, saw all.

I didn't answer, gritting my teeth. Cryst narrowed his eyes, giving me a disgusted glare.

"Answer him." Sheer shook me once, making me dizzy at once.

"No! I don't know where Celebi is!" Well it was true. I had no idea where she was. Hopefully she was far away.

Cryst clucked his tongue, taking a step closer to me. His dagger reached out, tipping my nose. My blood pricked with anticipation.

"If you don't answer now, we'll have your friends speak for you." The dagger was removed from my face. I relaxed, but had no idea what he meant. Would he torture my innocent friends? I looked to Ken.

"Don't hurt Ken." I begged weakly, going slack in Sheer's grip.

Cryst's back was turned to me, and he laughed a devious laugh. There was a slight rumble in the ground. It didn't come from Kyurem this time.

"You think we are not in control of this place? You think a small army of rangers can penetrate our ranks?" Cryst shook his head and removed a glove. With a single motion, he snapped his fingers. He wouldn't need to hurt Ken would he?

"Le-let me go!"

That voice. I held my breath.

Paul.

Escorted by four men, a blindfolded Paul and Isaac were thrown at Cryst's feet. Isaac? Why was he here? Why was Paul here? Why were any of them here?!

The men undid the blindfolds, and Paul squinted in the light.

"Gr-Grace." Paul's eyes lit with increased panic. "You're okay... But well, not really."

I bit my lip hard, forcing back tears. He still kept his ridiculous humor even here.

"Okay enough chit chat." Cryst held the dagger behind Paul's head, ready to force it in. I choked on my own breath. No.

"I'll ask again. Where. Is Celebi?"

Paul tensed, staying deathly still as the blade grazed his hair.

"D-d-don't answer him." He carefully breathed. I tasted blood in my mouth as I bit my lip harder.

"Cryst. I.. I really really don't know. She- if you are so in control then you find her." I really didn't know and he would cut the information out of them all before I got anywhere. I was not ready for this.

Cryst flipped the dagger, shaking his head. I let out a relieved breath. He believed me.

Cryst pulled his arm back and smashed the heel of the dagger into Paul's forehead instead. Paul yelled in pain and fell to the ground- unconscious.