Chapter 14 : Gray

"Grace?" I gasped when I heard Paul approach, getting protective of Celebi's presence. She was right next to me, or so I thought.

Celebi? She was gone just like that.

"Where in the region did you go?" Paul asked, concerned and annoyed. "The woods." I distractedly replied.

"Really. For thirty minutes?"

"Oh give it a break." I went back to Paul's house, once and a while glancing into the bushes.

"She's good at hiding huh?" I whispered with a sigh. "Chu!" Pichu agreed, staring opposite of where I did. Could she... See Celebi right at this moment?

"Pichu..." I began. What could I say? I couldn't just mention it could I?

"Chu! Pi!" Pichu shook her head, not wanting to talk perhaps. I didn't want to bother her anyhow. This was all so much to handle anyhow... Like when I wanted to talk to Pichu about giving me a vision on that second day of school, of Isaac. Isaac. I knew about him now, how he was conned into it, but it was all about Isaac!

"Gray, are you sick?" Paul caught up to me in no time. I inwardly growled to myself, wanting to just be alone now.

"No." I sighed, while Paul pressed on. "Keith left, we can watch TV now an-"

"I just need time, Paul I'm sorry." I slowly made it back inside, getting to the guest room. I sat on the bed and just thought about everything.

Poor Isaac, trying to protect Celebi yet potentially ruining everything, and potentially giving her up at the same time. It was like he was brain washed.

I wasn't brain washed. I would protect Pichu and her time traveling friend, with or without the knowledge of what they were in relation to me.

The day passed, me thinking of Celebi's time traveling, taking naps out of boredom and just being deep in thought. I can't believe I even missed dinner, waking up groggy the next morning.

"Morning Gray." Paul disregarded the fact that I avoided him almost the whole day yesterday, so that was good. It also made me feel bad, I was so rude.

"Morning Paul!" I said as cheery as I could. Paul rose his eye brows, surprised as I was.

"Want to.. Do something today?" It was such a corny suggestion, but it made Paul happy.

"Sure! We can..." He had to think about it, and well, what could we do besides spy on Isaac? Thinking about that sounded wrong.

"Why not check out the harbor? I got money and we can get... lunch, or go fishing..." Did his face get red?

"Oh! Okay." Sounded fun anyhow.

"There's a place to rent fishing poles real cheap, so we'll be fine." There goes his red face again.

Near lunch time, we walked to the east side of the town, at ease to be away from Isaac all the way on the opposite side of the city in fact.

The harbor was busy, Wingull flapping around, Rattata crawling among large crates and dormant forklifts. Burly men in sailor outfits milled around small shacks that sold food, guffawing to each other, their Chatot and Crawdaunt partners laughing along.

"The best place is the Bar, where you could also find a boat ride elsewhere in Almia." Paul led me inside the crowded restaurant, sitting in a booth nearest a window. It was a wonder we were even allowed in a bar, being kids and all.

"There's great food here, excellent Poke food as well." Paul told me, sifting through the menu.

"Chu! Piii!" Pichu wanted something sour of course. "Why not a sea food soup?" I suggested. "Pi! Chu!" She agreed.