Chapter 15 : Secrets

"Bye guys." Ken called after me as I reloaded in the wagon.

I crossed my arms, not looking back.

"Gray? I mean.. Grace? What happened?" Paul asked in a low whisper. I shook my head.

"They have rangers tricked I think, Paul." Was all I could say.

"What?" Paul looked at Keith, who was caught up in steering a Rapidash, probably making sure he wouldn't eavesdrop on us.

"Just.. I think we should stop. Keep it on a low key, you know?" I hugged my arms. Forget about it.. Right?

"What about Rira?" Paul asked, like I knew he would.

"N-no! We shouldn't.. I mean.. There's no reason to hide it, but there's no reason to bring it up. Never bring it up! Please! Not to anyone." I was paranoid at this point. I didn't want a rumor being spread. No one had to be in this, or try to.

"Grace. I know. This is serious, and I won't tell Rira if it's really that way. I won't tell anyone."

I gave him a sideways glance, shooting him a pleading look.

"Grace. I will not not tell a soul no matter what." He rose his right hand, rolling his eyes.

"Just please don't." He couldn't. It was a rumor that was not to be spread. I barely wanted Paul to get involved, not to mention myself.

"Okay! Once we make it over this bridge, let's just not talk about it." He said this as we literally made it across, onto the island of the Academy where we would have to walk.

"Bye Keith." Paul and I called as he rode off again toward home.

"School again!" I yawned, ignoring team Frost Bite related business, like Paul told me to.

"Woo!" Paul ran ahead of me, bag bouncing at his side.

"Wait for me!"

It was only 8:20, Paul and I parted ways to get to our dorms to unpack. Everything was normal once more.

"Grace!" Rira was the first to greet me in our room, squeezing me breathless.

"You have to tell me about your vacay!" She squealed, talking so fast I could barely understand her.

"Let's talk over breakfast yeah?" The unnecessary guilt flooded me and I felt claustrophobic. I couldn't tell her about team Frost Bite. Why was I all guilty? It wasn't even something to feel bad about!

"Yeah sure!" We flocked down the stairs to eat breakfast, which I probably wouldn't have a lot of considering I ate cereal this morning.

"Emolga! Emol!" Emolga and Pichu caught up nicely, racing down the halls. I'd have to remember to meet up with Snivy, and I barely remembered that.

"RyRy!" Paul cried out in a mock girly voice. "Paul!" The two totally-not-awkwardly hugged, then sat back to eat a light breakfast. Soon after, we made our way outside, where sure enough Snivy appeared. 

"Snivy! Sni!" All our Pokemon ran around while we sat in the morning sun now, just chatting and catching up. Paul and I were very careful about the Altru Building parts, or anything that had to do with Isaac at all.

It was easy, but I couldn't help but to glance at Paul every once and a while. I was relieved to get to classes once more, the day passing fast. Styler Tech was a different story all its own however.

Mr. Cryst stared at Paul and I the whole time, which intimated me personally.

"You might want to do better." Mr. Cryst got right up in my face, passing my quiz back, marked with a B-. What?