Chapter 3 : Bright Future

Guys! Please COMMENT to tell me what you think!

There was a flash of white, and I realized it was not over.

"Snoooo! Ruuunnt!"

"BLAAAAAAAAAAAS!"

"GAAAAHHHHH!"

There was a small Pichu with a three spiked ear, and it packed a mighty discharge, engulfing the freaky cosplay man, his Snorunt and the Blastoise all at once. I stared with my mouth open, unable to move once again. The sight of this Pichu just made me freeze, and my heart beat was the only thing I could hear.

"Pi! Pichu!" The Pichu shook her head and concluded the discharge attack with a deep sigh, glaring from victim to victim. Then to the Ranger. Then ever so slowly, to me. She cried out and began to approach.

"Chu! Pi!" As she begin to break out into a run, the man's hand shot out and grabbed her. "No!" I blurted, getting up to jump at this bad guy. "Pichu! Piii!" The Pichu struggled and electricity glowed in her cheeks, ready to attack. My fist was winded back, as I lunged for a hit before Pichu. My fist connected with his nose at the same time a blast of electricity hit us all once more.

"Waaaaaah!" I was knocked backwards, laying on the ground. "Girl? Are you okay?" The Ranger was still struggling with his now melting bind of ice. I didn't answer him, only broke into a goofy smile. I felt bubbly, and began to laugh. "Chu?" The Pichu on the other hand was okay and ran to me once more, pouncing on my stomach. "Pichu! Thank you so much!" I breathed, giggling. Why was I laughing?

"Hey! Help! We got to get out of here!" The ranger again spoke, pointing to the fire growing near to our enemies. "Right!" I let the Pichu off me, getting to the ranger. The ice was still strong, and slick. "Chu! Pi! The Pichu came to the rescue again, using a strong iron tail on the ice. "Ouch!" He winced, pulling his leg away fast. It was swollen and red. "Come on! We need to get out n-now!" I helped him to his feet.

"We have to help them!" I reminded the ranger before he looked for a way out. The bad man was unconscious, the Snorunt and Blastoise stirring. "Run, you guys!" I yelled to the Pokemon, though I wasn't sure about Snorunt.

"BLAS! Toise! Blastoise!" The Pokemon seemed dazed, looking over to me.

"Chu! Pichu! Pi!" The Pichu hopped onto the brute's shell, crying out to it in her Pokemon tongue.

"Bla! Blastoise! Blaaasss!" The Pokemon got to its feet, looking from Pichu to me. No longer were its eyes blue and cold. "What's going on?" The ranger stood by me, eyes wide. "Blastoise!" The Pokemon carefully went to my side and I could swear he winked at me, or something. The cannons on his back aimed upwards. Two blobs of water were shot up into the clouds at a high speed. Looking up, more tears forming in my eyes, I watched gray clouds cover the lazy, smoke crowded sky.

"Rain Dance." I mumbled in amazement. In seconds, fat drops of rain soaked us, the fire slowly beginning to cease. "Chu!" Pichu hopped on my shoulder, screaming at the air. I was inclined to hug her tight, as if I knew her all along. As if she were my partner Pokemon.

Partner Pokemon. I tensed up, holding the Pichu out in front of me. "Pichu..." I mumbled, staring into her eyes. She looked back, her big black eyes wide. The moment was only ruined when I noticed the Blastoise cry out and begin to disappear into the bushes. I let out a huge breath and watched him, then averted my gaze to the ranger who was hovering above the bad man and his Snorunt, his device to his face.

"Yeah, a Caucasian male, five foot six, maybe roughly a hundred and fifteen pounds." I didn't question a ranger's work. If my memories recalled from television shows and old news papers, rangers were like policemen all their own, yet not very notorious around Sinnoh for all I knew.