Chapter 38: Tunnels

5.4 k and going strong. Just puttin it out there. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Chapter 38

Grace

As Articuno flew back over the choppy freezing waves of the lake, I reached my thoughts out far. What was wrong? Did my friends back home need me? I couldn't drag them back into the heart of this mess!

"Aaaaarrrttiiiiicuuu!"

Articuno made for a familiar shore which I made out among the blizzard. I saw shapes, flashes of attacks. My heart thumped with fear. Ken. Paul.

Celebi.

"Biiiii!!! Ceeeeee!"

I bit my lip hard, hearing a familiar voice clear in my head.

"Articuno!" I yelped in terror. Articuno shook her head and accelerated. Whatever I heard, whatever connection I felt now... She felt it too.

Ken

His leg swung out, kicking me in the gut. The blow was cushioned from my coats, but it was enough to make me gasp for air.

"Bi! Bii!" Not too far behind me, Celebi whimpered with horror.

"Reach her! Take her out here!" My attacker threatened. Angry Pokemon eyes cut into mine, cutting into my soul.

"Over... My dead body." It wasn't these Pokemons' faults they were controlled. I had to help them. I had to protect Celebi.

"No problem." He harshly yanked me up by the sleeve, getting me to my knees. Could I fight back? Could I?

Slow to think, I expected a fist to make contact with my face.

"BIIII!" Instead, the man was forced back with a psychic power. I gasped, half with relief.

Celebi! "Thanks." I breathed. Why didn't she just leave already?

"Vaaaaannniil!" The glory left soon however, when a precise ice beam shot straight into the cave with the icy criss crossed entrance.

I didn't need to turn to hear the heart breaking scream of a fragile grass fairy.

"No!" I shot up, fighting to my feet. I grappled toward the man who attacked me first.

Stupid move, considering there were more than fifteen Pokemon protecting these men.

"Keeeeeellll!"

I didn't have time to cringe when I saw beams of ice spark my way. All I did was slide hard onto my bottom, watching a certain Colt Pokemon spring from the top of the ravine and down in front of me.

Grace

"Cuuuuuu!"

And to think we could've came unnoticed.

Behind us, ice types flew and blasted rays of ice beams.

"Glllaaaalliiie!"

"Vaaaaanilll!"

"Crygooo! Goo!"

I dared to peek behind us, catching my scream in my throat. A cloud of Pokemon were eagerly on our tail. Where did they possibly come from?

"Out fly them!" I stupidly told Articuno. Wherever we were going now had to wait.

Articuno did corkscrews and random dives, churning my stomach and making my head spin.

"Down... There..." I gasped, pointing to a series of ravines and canyons cut into the ground.

"Arrrtttt!" Articuno flew toward the air reinforced with an aerial ace, shooting ice beams as she did a perfect loop. How I stayed in tact was a mystery all its own.