38- Lust

Tiger

To say I'm nervous at this precise moment would be an understatement of the century.

I stand at the door of the mansion, and within, Harry, my boyfriend, along with his family, are waiting to meet me.

My car got fixed after Gretchen wrecked it, so I was able to drive without feeling embarrassed. I assured Harry that he wouldn't have to pick me up.
But that was only because a "car ride" alone was exactly what I needed to calm my nerves. While also blasting "I Don't Care" by Icona Pop.

I inhale a deep breath, mustering every ounce of courage that I can, and ring the doorbell.

The butler answered the door. He greeted me briefly, and as I entered, Harry was walking towards me with open arms and a huge smile on his face.

I meet him in the embrace and relish in it, momentarily ignoring the butler behind us.

After we break our hug, Harry motions for the butler to leave with a thankful smile and nod.

"Are you ready to meet the family?" He grins at me.

My head screams no, but my mouth says, "Definitely."

Harry chuckles lightly and takes my hand. "Maybe try sounding a bit more believable next time."

I glance up at him and back towards my feet.

"Honestly, I'm bloody nervous."

"Why are you nervous?" I ask him. "It's your family."

He laughs lightly, then runs his hand through his hair and places his other on his hip.
"Well, for one, my dad can be a dick."

I chuckle under my breath.

"He isn't so bad," I say sarcastically. Harry looks at me, amused.

I watch as he inhales a deep breath, then takes my hand once more.
"Well, let's get this over with, yeah?"

"Yeah."

~•~

Dinner with the Styles family has been interesting.

To put it quite briefly, it was painfully quiet.

"Did it seem awkward at all to you how quiet everyone was?" I look to Harry.

He was lying next to me on the sofa, playing with his Rubix cube. We both had our guts filled with food, and now we were on our way to a place called Dreamland. But I was resisting the urge because of the uneasy presence I felt.

"Hmm?" Harry hums and looks at me.

"Where is the bathroom again?" I ask instead. He quickly directs me, and I walk off with urgency.

While passing the kitchen, Harry's dad beckons me over.
This is the last thing I want, but there is no way to avoid him. It's his house.

"Tilapia?" he says.

"It's Tiger, sir."

"Right," he replies, unimpressed. "To get on with serious matters that are at hand, what is the relationship you have with my son?"

I'm thrown a tad off guard by his approach and question, but I try my best to answer politely.

"Well, Harry and I are in a relationship. He is my boyfriend."

The man suddenly breaks out laughing, holding his stomach for support. I look around the kitchen for a reason and see none. I continue to stare at him in silence as he laughs boisterously.