6- Dare

"Life isn't meant to be lived perfectly...but merely to be LIVED. Boldly, wildly, beautifully, uncertainly, imperfectly, magically LIVED."
-Mandy Hale

"-Mandy Hale

°•°

They divulge into a conversation, and I immediately feel left out. I don't expect them to talk to me or anything. Harry barely looked my way. Zayn and Louis glanced at me but turned their attention to Liam and Niall. Iris, on the other hand, mouthed a hi.

"Hey, this is my friend Ty." I hear Niall announce pulling me beside him. Everyone is staring at me questionably.

"Hi." I greet them with a small smile. Niall is still holding my hand, and it's comforting. I don't feel as nervous as before.

"You attend Gold Valley?" Zayn questions.

"Yeah. I do." I give a slight chuckle. He makes me feel intimidated.

"She's in my physics class." Niall points out Leaving the part about me being a loser out. I'm surprised Liam didn't say anything. I look in his direction, and his attention is somewhere else.

"Oh, nice to meet you. I'm Louis." He holds his hand out for me to take. I shake it willingly.

"I'm Zayn. But I bet you knew that already." Zayn didn't hold his hand out for me to shake, but he gave me a half-smile.

Iris came forward and gave me a small hug. "I'm not much of a handshaker. You seem close to Niall, so I don't mind hugging you." Close to Niall? I'm far from I hug her back all the same.

Harry was the only one left to say something to me. Everyone turned to him, expecting him to introduce himself to me. Instead, he stands there and looks at me speculatively. I felt self-conscious under his gaze. I squeeze Niall's hand involuntarily.

"You look familiar." Harry finally speaks.

"She goes to our school. Of course, she looks familiar." Liam takes a sip of his drink and speaks.

Zayn rolls his eyes, then turns his attention to Iris and kisses her cheek. She giggles at something he says.

"Yeah, I got that. She just reminds me of someone, I guess." Harry shrugs his shoulders and takes a sip of his drink. His tattoos are visible now. He usually wears a long-sleeve shirt to school to keep them semi-hidden. Not like the school cared.

"Maybe your mind is playing tricks on you." I point it out. All eyes turn to me. Okay, what? Did I say something wrong?

He narrows his eyes at me. "Yeah, right." He says it sarcastically. "What did you say your name was again?"

"Ty." I answer him. I can't believe I'm actually talking to him, and he's talking to me. It felt so good to do it again, but it's nerve-wracking.

"What's your full name?" He turns to face me fully. The air leaves my chest, making me feel faint. My full name?If I tell him my name is Tiger, what is he going to do? He's so unpredictable. Back at camp, I remember him telling me that he hates when people mislead him, and that's what I've been doing. I could've told him who I was from the beginning, but I didn't. I kept my mouth shut and told him that I attended a different school and that I lived in another city. What if he sees right through me now? What if he already recognizes me and he's just playing with me right now?