33- Reading II

"There is only one kind of shock worse than the totally unexpected: the expected for which one has refused to prepare."
-Mary Renault

°•°

Harry's POV

Harry's POV

The day at my mom's is going just like I had imagined. Having a vanilla girl here made it even better. We had brunch earlier, so we went around the back in our swim suits. Well, my mom and I are. Tiger refused to change into the swimsuit my mom gave her.

'It's too revealing.' She had complained to me alone. The suit isn't that revealing, and there's a part of me that's yearning to see her in it. It's really a simple black one-piece, with the back showing her bare back. The remaining part that's covered, well, I will leave that part to my imagination.

Bloody hell I can't believe I'm thinking like this. This is Vanilla Girl for crying out loud. The girl who has never been on a rollercoaster, the girl who has never rode a bicycle, the girl who's never tasted anything spicy, the girl who's never masturbated, the girl who's never done karaoke, the girl who's never seen a guy or a girl naked, and the girl who I've developed confusing feelings for This has to stop.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Mom chuckles beside me. She's sitting beside me in her suit, wrapped up in a towel, with a glass of wine in one hand and a romance novel in the other. The umbrella that's attached to the chair shields her from the sun.

"What? I wasn't thinking hard about anything. Where's Vanilla Girl anyway?" I look around for the dark-haired girl.

"Didn't you hear her when she said she was going to change?"

I must have been thinking way too hard to not hear her. "Anyways, I've been meaning to ask you. Are you and Tiger a couple?" She inquires, and I turn to look at her, surprised by her answer.

"Uh-no. Why would you ask that?" My voice sounds unusually high-pitched, and my mom notices.

"Oh, no reason." She purses her lips. "She seems like a nice girl, that's all." My mom had a tendency to pair me with girls every so often. She always asked me why I've never had a girlfriend, and she worried that I may have no intention of getting married.

"Mom. She's just a friend." It feels weird saying this, and I don't know why.

"Okay Harry. I'm just saying that she's a very nice girl." She smiles innocently.

"Yes, she is." I agree and take my shirt off, leaving me in only my trunks. "I'm going for a swim now."

I dive into the pool, going all the way to the bottom. I swim to the top and wipe my face with excess water. As I open my eyes, a vanilla girl comes walking out in her bikini.

The black bikini hugs Tiger's body so tight that it shows her curve lines, her long, soft alabaster legs, her dainty fingers fiddling with each other anxiously, and strands of her brown hair effortlessly falling above her innocent yet enchanting eyes that so happened to be staring right back at me.