21- Under the Nightsky

"True love is not a hide and seek game: in true love, both lovers seek each other."
-Michael Bassey Johnson

"-Michael Bassey Johnson

°•°

Well, tonight is the night. My date with Sadie Lia offered to help me get dressed, but she and Cooper had already made plans, and I didn't want to hold her back.
I somehow managed to get dressed all on my own, and I must say, I look really good.

I'm wearing my hair up instead of down. The weather is getting pretty chilly as it slowly gets closer to winter, so I put on a leather jacket over my top. I realize that I'm not much of a dress wearer. No matter how many times Lia persuaded me to, I always opted for jeans or skirts.
Feeling comfortable with my attire, I go downstairs to wait for my date to arrive.

"You look beautiful, darling." My mother smiles as she sees me coming down the stairs.

"Thank you." I give her a small smile.

"So who's the guy?" Her eyebrows arched with excitement.

"Oh, um, about that." I sit beside her on the sofa. With a deep breath, I casually begin to explain to her the sex of my date. "It's a girl."

Her eyes widen with shock or anger. I can't quite tell. My parents never really seemed bothered when they saw gay people on television or in public, but I don't know how they are going to feel about me dating a girl.

"A girl?" Her voice pitches high.

"Yes mom. Her name is Sadie." I say it calmly. I mentally prepare myself for the worst. "She's actually my girlfriend."

"Oh, that's fine, sweetie. But I do want to meet her before you guys leave." She reaches out and squeezes my hand. I sigh with relief.

"Yeah sure." I hug her. "Thanks for not freaking out."

She chuckles lightly. "Why would I freak out?"

I let her go so I could hold her gaze with mine. "Because I'm going out with a girl and not a boy." I cock my head to the right, examining her outstanding features. She resembles me, but I always thought to myself that she's much prettier.

"Oh Tiger. I'm not one of those parents you hear about who scolds their child for dating a particular gender." She brushes her hand on my cheek. "Besides, I went out with a girl twice in high school and college. It would be really unfair of me to judge you."

"Okay mom." I stop her. I really didn't want to hear about her going out with anyone else but my dad. Even if it's a girl, Same thing.

The doorbell rings, and my heart drops to my feet. Suddenly, I'm nervous. Even though Sadie and I are together, everything about her is perfect, and I don't want to say something stupid to ruin our date. Someone as perfect as her deserves perfection in all things.

With a deep breath, I open the door, revealing the one and only Sadie. Beautiful as always. Dressed in a baby pink and white dress, a white cardigan, and white wedge-heeled shoes. Her hair is curled to perfection, and her hazel eyes are fixated on me.