49- New Chapter

"We need more liquor."

My eyes widen in disbelief.

"Sadie, we have over ten cases of beer."

"Yeah, we do, but where's the vodka?" She wiggles her brows. I give a lighthearted chuckle.

Sadie and I have been busy preparing for our first party at home. This will be the last night we will all be together. Harry will be moving into his dorm room along with the rest of the gang.

Lia was the only one missing from the show.

There has been some awkward tension ever since I moved in with Sadie. Sadie made a comment, saying that ever since I started to hang out with her group, Lia slowly began to distance herself. She rarely saw us together.

The thought sounded crazy because Lia is my best friend. It's always been just us two.

But I guess I am not so alone anymore now that I have other friends. I don't have to depend on Lia anymore, and I think that's been affecting her. She always liked to be needed wherever she went. Now I am going to have to convince her that I do still need her and that she needs to quit projecting her insecurities onto me. It's affecting the friendship heavily, and I would hate it if we weren't friends anymore.

My parents said I was rushing into a serious relationship with Sadie by moving in with her, but to me, everything feels right for once.

I don't feel confused about my feelings, and now I can pour that extra energy I now have into my upcoming college studies.

My mom supports me, but my dad is still a bit unsure that this is the right thing for me. But let's be honest, the only person who knows what I want is me. Even though at times I may have gotten confused.

Say, for example, that whole relationship with Harry. I truly had no idea what I wanted because the moment I got him, I was already thinking about someone else. But since I have chosen to be in a committed relationship with Sadie, my life has become more serious.

We haven't had that big conversation with Sadie's parents, and I doubt it will ever happen. She wants to keep our relationship far away from them, where they can do no harm. At times, when Sadie and I went grocery shopping, she would always seem a little jumpy and on edge. She mentioned that her mom specifically would have the intention of sending someone to watch her every move to keep an eye on her. That made Sadie very nervous and less like herself. Eventually she will come up with a vengeful plot, but for now, I think she is adjusting to this big change in her life.

The doorbell rings, and I go to answer while Sadie empties a few bags of Cheeto puffs in a large bowl. The decor in our apartment was a mixture of luxury and soft life—both our tastes combined. It's become my safe haven.

"Party people!" yells Liam.

I made way for ten or so people who were behind him. Louis, Zayn, Iris, Niall, and a few other people I didn't recognize.

One of the girls from the group spots Sadie and lets out a shriek that hurts both my eardrums above the music that was already playing.

"Yazzy!"

Yazzy?

Sadie turns swiftly at the name and releases a huge grin from her lips.

"Becks, you came!" They greet each other in a hug, attempting to squeeze the very air out of one another.

I stand by, quietly noticing the exchange, but trusting Sadie to not second-guess anything.

At the very thought, her attention turns to me from across the room. She curves her index finger, calling me over. I inhale a deep breath and join the group.