11- New and Improved

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
-Barack Obama

"-Barack Obama

°•°

Lia spent the weekend at my house so she could help me get dressed for my first day at school as the new and improved Tiger Gething. I decided to ditch my glasses and wear my contacts instead. Lia curled my hair and made it a bit wavy. I had to look at everything she did so that I could do it on my own for the rest of the week or whenever I wanted to.She then applied a little eye liner, blush, and a peach-colored lipstick that made my lips look even more plush and soft.She told me to wear my black jeans, ankle boots, and a floral peach-colored top. Skinny jeans became my new favorite thing to wear. It made the curves that I never knew I had show. I felt confident but nervous because I didn't know how people at school would react. What if they hated the way I look now and continued to bully me?I began to have a panic attack, and Lia calmed me down.

"Remember, Tiger, you're beautiful. No one can tell you otherwise. If they do, they are just jealous of your beauty." Lia said to me:

We've been sitting in her car for the past fifteen minutes in the parking lot of Gold Valley High.

"The bell is going to ring in two minutes." Lia alerts me. I take a deep breath.

"Okay, let's go." She turns the engine off, and we step out of the car. I hook my arm with hers to feel safe.

"Now remember, keep your head high. You're not alone. I'm here with you. Pretend you're at home or at camp. Be the girl you really are." She whispers to me, and I nod confidently. If anyone says anything bad to me, I'll ignore them. They're just jealous. Simple. I love the way I look, and that's all that matters.I look at Lia with a smile.

"Let's do this." I grin.

As we entered the school, all eyes were on Lia and me, but mostly me. This was the first time, and I didn't mind the stares I got. I wasn't getting them because I made a fool of myself or I tripped and fell. Now, I was getting the attention a celebrity would get. I was exaggerating a bit, but I loved the fact that all eyes were on me in adoration and shock.My eyes drifted to a girl named Gretchen; she was scowling at me.

Ha! In your face, Gretchen! I'm hot, and you're not!I scoff at myself in my mind.

The bell rings.

"Okay, I'll see you at lunch." Lia hugs me, and I hurry to my first class.

Surprisingly, the class was already filled with students, and the teacher was already there.The talking ceased, and all eyes were on me. I froze. I froze. Why can't I move?My eyes move from face to face, then finally land on the one I was looking for.Harry. He was looking at me, still pissed. He looked even more upset with me. My heart sank. All the confidence I had drained