21

A/N read note at the end

It took me 5 minutes to register what the hell had just happened. When I heard a commotion going on a little distance away from me, I walked back to my table only to see an impatient Liam waiting for me.

"What happened?" I asked as Liam held my hand and ushered me out of the bar.

"A fight broke out and we didn't want anyone to know we were there, anyways our plane has arrived. Louis and Niall left and said they would meet us there. I waited because I didn't want you to think we left without you", Liam spoke so fast I had to repeat his words in my head twice to understand what he was talking about.

When I finally understood everything, we were nearing our plane, I spoke up.

"So Niall didn't wait?" I covered my mouth and walked ahead of Liam to get into the plane. Out of everything I had to ask that? I blamed the alcohol. I heard a "hmphh" as I climbed up the plane.

"No he didn't", you could hear the change in his tone and I knew exactly what he was thinking about.

I turned around and caught him off guard by hugging him. It took him a while to hug me back but he did it nonetheless.

"Thank you for waiting", I whispered slowly and enjoyed the heat radiating off of his body. Maybe I did have too much to drink, maybe I had imagined everything that happened back at the restroom. But my doubt was cleared when I heard a certain someone clear his throat.

I puller away and didn't even look in his direction because I knew it was Niall. What got his panties twisted?

"It was just a hug", I could hear Liam whisper as I sat down on a seat. Was I not knowing something?

My phone dinged and I was praying for it to be 'N'.

lovethemboys : Well that was some shitty advice.

Me : excuse me ?

I knew I had a couple of minutes before the plane took off, but I wanted to know what 'N' was talking about.

lovethemboys : take a shot ? That made things worse ://

The 'fasten your seatbelts' sign was blinking away and I knew it was too late to message him now. I sighed and tightened my belt, my stomach and heart churning and beating away furiously. I hated take off's, and this time Niall wasn't even here to hold my hand.

I heard shuffling from behind and saw Niall strapping himself down on the seat next to me. I knew why he was here but I was going to act dumb. This guy can't play with my feelings, and I'm just being led by the blind.

I latched my hand on the edge of my seat, sweat already beginning to collect. I looked out of the window, only to see dim lights guiding the plane for taking off.

Niall took my palm and laced his fingers with mine. I fought him and removed my hand, no idea where this 'anger' was coming from. I slapped his hand, slapped his chest, one slap hitting him hard.

"Stop fucking fighting me and sit quite", he snapped out loud. The lights in the plane were dimmed and all the whispers coming from behind stopped. Way to go to get attention.

I huffed like a child and agreed with him. He held my hand tight, I decided to look out of the window knowing he was looking at me.

Why was he doing this? The more I was avoiding him the more he kept sticking to me. How would I ever get rid of my feelings when he was constantly next to me?

The plane took off and I shut my eyes tight, restraining myself from not covering my face in his chest. His grip became tighter and his thumb drew irregular pattern on the back of my palm. It was soothing and calming I won't lie, but I didn't want this to happen. I was addicted to him, I had to break free now.