44

Immense pain rushed through my hand as soon as I slapped Niall. My eyes watered up because I didn't know it would resort to this. I never wanted to slap him, hell I didn't even want to fight with him.

"Okay", Niall whispered as he rubbed his cheek and took a few steps back.

I wanted to apologise because from the colour that was developing on his cheek it was evident that the slap was hard.

"I deserved that", he whispered again and looked at the floor.

"Why? Just why? After everything, why?" My voice cracked with tears threatening to spill anytime.

"She was just PR. We weren't dating", I heard Niall and I swear it felt like my heart stopped for a second. "I told you about it the other day remember?"

"What?" I took a step further and Niall didn't budge. He kept looking at the floor, hand caressing his cheek. And then it hit me. The day they announced their new album was the day he called up and did tell me but I was too busy dealing with 'N's' crap.

"PR. She wanted another modeling contract, so we weren't dating, it was just for the media."

Now I was really feeling guilty for slapping the living daylights out of Niall.

"I...uh...I", I stuttered and really didn't know what to say.

Niall took a step closer to me which made me take a step back. What if he was going to slap me? No. Niall would never raise his hand.

Another step closer to me and I took another step back till my back hit the wall. Shit.

I looked straight into his eyes, there was a sliver of water. His nose looked perfect, frowns on his forehead indicated that what he was about to say or do was serious. It felt like it had been ages since I saw Niall this close. His cheek was still red and my heart ached to see it. I had caused that. I slapped him with my own hand.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know she was just PR", I whispered, audible enough for him to hear. I looked down at my feet when he took another step closer. Maybe he was going to slap me, who knew? I raised my hand on him, he definitely could too.

"How could you even think like that? How did you even think that I would leave you and get back to that bitch?"

Niall placed his long yet slender fingers on my chin and forced me to look at him. I knew all hell was about to break loose so involuntarily I blinked and the tears made its way down my cheeks. I shut my eyes, really ashamed of myself. I felt very bad knowing that Niall hated me now.

"Look at me", Niall ordered and I immediately opened my eyes thinking he would slap me if I wouldn't.

"Tell me", he pushed himself closer till his legs touched mine.

"Tell me how could you?" He looked at me again, and it felt like he was staring right into my soul.

"I thought you didn't like me and..", Niall didn't even let me finish and let out a small chuckle. I could see a drop of sweat running down his face, he was sweaty because he came straight from stage but I didn't mind.

"You left me. You said we couldn't fuck around anymore. You said it Melissa."

"That's because I was in love with you for fucks sake", I cried out loud and Niall's eyes rose as he heard those words. He left his fingers from my chin and kept his hands down, still maintaining the close approximity.

I had never said this out loud and along with feeling good about it, a wave of hurt passed through my body too.

"What?" Was all Niall asked.