33

I let out a sarcastic laugh when I read his message and got back on the call with Harry.

"Do you mind if I call you back in a while?"

"Sure Mel, bye, take care babe"

"Bye", and with that I got back and typed out a reply to 'N'.

Me : work ? You couldn't fucking tell me you were ditching me?

I kept my phone aside and took a deep breath. I was beyond pissed and he had his supposed work.

lovethemboys : woah woah woah why the abuses? I had work at the end moment what did you expect me to do?

Me : maybe you could have fucking told me you're not showing up instead of making me wait for 4 hours

lovethemboys : I'm really sorry babe, I couldn't message you I just got a hold of my phone

Me : are you even who you say you are? Who are you huh?

lovethemboys : where is this coming from?

Me : I don't know if I should trust you anymore, I mean I don't even know your name you ditch me after making up fake promises, I'm already broken I don't need anymore shit

lovethemboys : babe please listen to me, I will meet you didn't I promise you that? I just had to go for this meeting just as I was leaving to come meet you. Please don't get angry and try to understand me

Me : I don't want to. Stop calling me babe and please stop messaging me, goodbye

I couldn't believe I just did that. I was hurt but what if he was telling me the truth? What if he did have a meeting?

But what if he's lying to you and you're being catfished, my conscience spoke. And as usual it got the best of me. It finally hit me that this wasn't any internet friend, I was being catfished.

My phone kept vibrating and a stream of messages kept coming in from 'N'. Apology after apology, I was feeling sick and my head was spinning.

The fact that Niall was in so much pain just cause he missed his flight to wherever plus all this happening to me was really, really stressful. I had a slight idea of what Niall was going through. But in both our cases it involved different people.

As much as I didn't want to think about who Niall was going to meet, I went to my room and laid down on my bed and thought about it. Could it have been his parents? His brother? Ashley?

The image of Niall kissing Ashley  really put a sour taste in my mouth. I missed his lips. I missed how both our mouths would fit like a jigsaw puzzle. I missed his minty yet fruity breath. I missed his teeth biting down on my lower lip. I missed his tongue playing the 'who's dominant' game with me. I missed the way he used to kiss me.  Before I could even think of anything else my phone dinged again and I grabbed it to keep it on silent because I wanted to remember and just be lost in Niall's perfect kisses.

But it showed that I had got a tweet notification from Niall.

@niallofficial - please forgive me if I need you like I do

It instantly hit me thay those were the lyrics to Bryan Adam's song 'Please Forgive Me'.

I didn't take much notice of the tweet and cleared my notification bar. I opened up 'N's' chat window and read all the messages he had sent me.

lovethemboys : I'm sorry

lovethemboys : I really am

lovethemboys : please talk to me

lovethemboys : I can't loose you too

lovethemboys : I swear I was going to meet you but I couldn't avoid this meeting

lovethemboys : I'm sorry I made you wait for so long

lovethemboys : I'm really sorry

lovethemboys : take your time but please get back to me

lovethemboys : please forgive me if I need you like I do

And then it felt like the whole world just stopped. The sound of the tv from the living room, the sound of the washing machine going round and round, the sound of the birds chirping outside, everything just stopped. It felt like someone had hit the mute button to life.

Didn't Niall just tweet the same lyrics to 22.4 million of his followers?

A picture of Niall showing the westside sign and the words 'Niall Calling' flashed on my screen. I blinked my eyes three times to see whether this was really happening. Was Niall actually calling me?

The green option to answer the call kept tempting me, it was waiting to be dragged and it kept glowing in its green colour.

I took a few deep breaths and swiped my screen and placed my phone near my ear.