34

"Hello?", my heart changed its beating rate and I could feel the hair on the back of my neck rise.

There was silence on the other end and given Niall I knew he would be sitting down somewhere, just biting his nails and wondering what to say.

"Hey", came a reply after what felt like ages. His voice calmed me down and I was so relived to hear his voice in person - well over the phone again.

"Hey", I said again, not knowing what else to say. I sat down on my bed and folded my legs and twirled a piece of hair that was resting on the side of my head. That was something Niall did when I was sleeping and he used to watch me in the early hours of the day. I only found out about him doing that when he took a picture of me.

Five minutes later and none of us spoke anything. Why had he called up?

"Congrats on your fifth album", I spoke, trying to start some kind of conversation.

"Thank you, we're really excited to make new songs for the fans", his voice was a bit louder and then it went back to being a whisper.

"So..", I sighed again.

"So..", he trailed off and it went dead silent. I knew he was still on the line, I could hear his deep sighs and the occasional ruckus in the background.

I checked the wall clock and it had been 10 minutes since the 'so'.

"I never went back to Ashley", he quickly muttered.

"Huh?" I was confused.

"Ashley. She was a PR stunt, she wanted to get a contract in some modelling agency and I had to help her."

"Oh", was all I could say.

"You know how it is. I hated her and I still do. I didn't want to do it but I was forced to", you could hear Niall's guilt in his voice.

"Okay?", it came off as a question and I didn't know why we were talking about Ashley of all the things. I still think he was lying because hadn't Ashley got enough PR the first time round? Why would Niall agree to do it again? Maybe he was just telling me this to calm things down with me, I had no clue why.

"I never moved on and I never will. I just wanted to let you know that Mel", hearing him call my name made my legs turn to jelly. I couldn't believe he still had that effect on me.

Now what should I say? That I miss him too?

"Okay." And then I practically could hear Niall's heart crush.

I wanted to just speak my mind and tell him how much I missed him and how much I wanted him but I just couldn't. Along with myself I felt like I was hurting 'N' too.

Silence for another 10 minutes and I had had enough. This wasn't going anywhere and I wanted to talk to 'N', it hadn't even been a few minutes and I was already missing him.

"I, I need to go Niall."

"Okay."

"Take care, bye", I didn't hang up immediately.

"Can't wait for you to come back", I smiled when I heard that.

Before I could do anything else I heard him hang up as the line went dead.

Who knew a regular hookup would have had me head over heels over him?

I placed my head in my hands and was accepting the fact that I selected an unknown person over Niall.

A/N

JustafilerbutIwantedtoletyou'llknowwearenearingtheend :(

Doyouwantahappyorasadending? LetmeknowpleaseasIhavetwoendingstothisstory.