CHAPTER 40

Hoseok POV-

It was almost evening and I still hadn't heard from Yoongi. He walked out this morning after our argument and I still couldn't get a hold of him.

I tried calling him a dozen times and left him hundreds of messages but still no response.

*I wonder if he's okay..*

I was losing my mind thinking about the conversation we had in the morning.

*What was wrong with me? How could I say all that to him?*

I knew I had to fix this. This time there was no running away.
I was about to go and search for him when my doorbell rang.

I hurried towards the door, hoping it was Yoongi. I opened the door to Yuna, standing outside with a worried expression on her face.

"Where the hell have you been?? I've been calling you for hours. Your phone is always busy.."

"Oh, sorry. I was pre-occupied."

"What happened with the investor?"

I looked up at her with tears glistening my eyes.

"It was not an investor, Yuna. It was Yoongi.."

Yuna gasped at my sentence and immediately comforted me.

"Was it really bad??"

"No. It wasn't. Actually it was really good until I messed it up.."

"What do you mean?"

"I picked an unnecessary fight with him. I see him after five years and the first thing I do is I pick a fight with him. I don't even know--"

I gave up and sank on the couch, tears rolling freely down my cheeks. Yuna came closer and gave me a hug.

"It's okay..."

"No, it's not. It's really not. Here I am, sitting and crying after I made the mistake even though I knew I shouldn't have. I couldn't even answer simple questions he asked me, Yuna. Why couldn't I do that?"

"Maybe, you are afraid.."

"Afraid of what?"

"I don't know. That is something you will have to find on your own, Hoseok. But what I do know is, in all the time I've known you, you are a fighter. You know how to fight and make your own path and get what you want. And I also know you only fight for what's yours. And he's yours.."

I looked at her and instantly knew she was telling the truth.

*He's mine. And I have to fight for him..*

I got up again, with new determination and started walking towards the door.

Suddenly, I stopped midway and turned around.

"Thank you, Yuna. But was there any specific reason that you were here? I mean, you can't be here just to check up on me and give me life advices. I know you.."

I saw her hesitate and walked closer to her.

"What is it? You can tell me, you know that, right?"

"Yeah, I know. But I don't know how you will react to it.."

"Just tell me.."

"Hoseok, it's about your dad.."

"What about him?"

"He's.. he's not anymore.. he's dead, Hoseok.."

She was right. I really didn't know how to react. All the memories of the beatings and taunts came rushing back to me all at once.