Chapter 52.

His back is turned away from me, he's rubbing his face with his hands, and he waits until the taxi has completely disappeared before he turns around and looks at me.

The second Bucky's eyes are on me I feel like glass, delicate, fragile and completely fucking transparent.

I want to say something, anything, but I physically can't, even when I open my mouth to speak I can't get anything out.

"Eden..." he begins and steps towards me.

"Are you gonna tell me what the hell that was back there?" His jaw tightens as he speaks, anger almost radiating off of him.

I can feel my body shaking, the cold and the fear of the consequences to my stupid actions.

"Steve and I were dancing."

I try to sound as calm and confident as I can.

Bucky takes another step closer and smiles a grimace while shaking his head, he's holding back his fury with everything in him as he tries to keep himself calm.

"And.." he blinks slowly and the eye contact he's making with me feels like he's seeing all the bullshit in my head right now.

"And that was all."

It's like the lights of the compound intensify the fury as they illuminate his face to me.

Bucky puts his tongue in his cheek and closes the gap between us, "so he wasn't touching you at all?"

He's bearing down on me and I swallow as I look up at him. "Uh-"

"He was wasn't he. He had his hands all over you." The seductive drawl isn't what I expected from him as his hands go to my hips, fingertips pressing into my skin.

"Was he touching you like this?" He increases the pressure as he drops his hands down to my ass and grabs onto me.

I can't tell if I like what he's doing, I expected anger, shouting, and instead it's like he's using it as an excuse to feel me up..

Yes, I definitely like it.

"H-he, he wasn't doing that." I stutter my words as he looks down at me, eyes fixed on mine.

"Was he not?" Voice soft, calm, almost antagonising, he's teasing me.

I bite my lip and shake my head, looking up at him with soft hooded eyes, I can play this game too.

"Did you want him to?" Bucky is all questions and the way his finger tips skim the top of my thigh where my dress hangs fuels a shiver that runs down my spine.

"No." I say and blink slowly.

"Did you want me to?"

Him talking to the other girl pops into my head.

"Did you want to do that to the girl you were flirting with?"

Bucky smiles, "I couldn't give two fucks about that girl. And I wasn't flirting."

My stomach flips, him swearing always does something to me, but what he's said...

"It didn't seem that way."

"Doll, I'll happily tell you what she said."