Chapter 1: The start of a new year

Hermione slowly opens her eyes and yawns. Today's the day she'll be going back to school to finish her last year. The past year had been exhausting and she didn't have to go back, but she wanted to. She knew she wouldn't have closure for that horrible time if she wouldn't go back to Hogwarts. Voldemort was gone now and most of the Death Eaters were being kept prisoner in Azkaban, aurors keeping a close eye on them before they would have to go to trial and await their punishments. Hermione doesn't really trust the Dementors anymore, but the Ministry of Magic uses them to perform the Dementor's kiss on the Death Eaters who were sentenced to death. Hermione shakes the thoughts off and stretches before she gets out of bed. After the Ministry had helped her finding her parents and they had gotten their memories back thanks to healers in St. Mungo's, Hermione moved back into their old home with them. Hermione had explained why she did what she had done and her parents understood, but couldn't help but be mad at her and she was grounded for a whole month. Hermione just went with it, she was happy everything was over and they all would have a peaceful life, she would be able to survive being grounded for a month. Her parents weren't really strict though as for the fact that Ron, Harry and Ginny came to visit her often in the month she wasn't able to leave home. It was nice seeing them after everything they all have been through. Obviously it wasn't going great with either of them, after the death of so many loved ones. George was suffering the worst and it hurt, not only her, but everyone, to see him like that. He wasn't himself without Fred. But with or without Fred the business with the store was booming. Everyone came to buy stuff and have some fun there. Billy had come back home after Fred's dead with a pregnant Fleur and they both helped George out in the shop, to keep it running. They all just hoped George would feel any better soon, but from the looks of it, it could be taking years before he would have a part of his old self back.
'Hermione! Wake up!' she hears her mother shout from downstairs.
'I'm already awake.' she shouts back down before opening her closet.
All her things were already packed and she had been reading all the books they would be needing this final year at Hogwarts the past months. Hermione pulls a pair of skinny black jeans and a white top out of her closet before she heads over to the bathroom and gets ready. When she gets back in her room she applies some make-up and gets her hair done before she makes her way downstairs.
'Good morning.' Hermione smiles as she walks into the kitchen.
'Good morning.' her parents says in unison.
Her dad's reading the newspaper and her mother's making some tea.
'Are you excited to go back?' her mother asks.
'I actually am.' Hermione says taking some toast from the plate in front of her before spreading some jam over it.
'It will be nice to be there and actually be safe.' Hermione says.
She sees her parents exchange a look from the corner of her eye, but she doesn't react to it.
'And it will be nice to see everyone again.' Hermione says before she sighs.
'Well almost everyone.' she says looking down at her toast and not feeling hungry anymore.
'Harry would pick you, wouldn't he?' her father asks.
'Yes he should be here in about half an hour.' Hermione says taking a bite of her toast.
Her father nods before turning back to his newspaper.
'Do you have everything you need?' her mother asks.
'I've got everything mum, don't worry.' Hermione says.
Her mother nods.
'And I will be fine. There is no danger out there anymore. Hogwarts has been build up again and even stronger protection spells have been used.' Hermione says.
'We're just going to miss you.' her mother says.
Hermione chuckles.
'You will be fine too.' Hermione says.
'Don't you two have to go to work?' Hermione asks glancing over to the clock.
'We're going when Harry has picked you up.' her father tells her.
Hermione's mother gives her a cup of tea and Hermione quickly finishes her breakfast before she gets everything downstairs. She was just saying goodbye when the doorbell rang. Hermione opens the door and sees a smirking Harry standing there.
'Good morning, ready to go?' he asks.
'Can't be more ready than I am now.' Hermione says giving him a hug.
'Good morning Mr and Mrs Granger.' Harry says.
'Good morning Harry.' her parents says.
'Here let me take your trunk.' Harry says.
Hermione said goodbye one more time before she got into the car with Harry and drove off. Harry had gotten his driver's license the past summer and had bought a second hand car with his money.
'Are you excited?' Harry asks.
'Yeah I am, but I can't help but feel slightly anxious.' Hermione sighs.
'You're not the only one, we all feel like that.' Harry nods before he takes a turn around the corner.
'But everything will be fine, Voldemort is gone and as far as I know there are no other people after me.' Harry says.
Hermione rolls her eyes.
'No but seriously Hermione, don't worry.' Harry says.
'Have you spoken to Gin? Or Ron?' Hermione asks.
'Today? Not yet.' Harry says.
'How is it over at Grimmauld place?' Hermione asks.
Harry shrugs.
'Lonely.' he says.
Hermione nods.
'You know that you could've stayed at my place.' Hermione says.
'I know, but I wanted to get a few things done in there before I had to move in there after this school year.' Harry says rubbing his forehead.
'You know you can just look for another place right?' Hermione asks.
'I know, but I don't want to. Sirius was the only family I had left and it feels like when I'm in Grimmauld Place a part of him is still with me.' Harry says.
'Oh Harry.' Hermione says.
'It's okay, I'm okay.' Harry says giving her a small smile.
'Why didn't you go to the Weasley's?' Hermione asks.
'I figured they had enough on their plate for now.' Harry says.
Hermione nods in agreement.
'They really do.' she sighs.