Chapter 5: Burn Baby Burn

Hermione lets the warm water run down her body. She closes her eyes and breaths out. Showering would normally help her to get rid of most of the stress, but not this time. She opens her eyes again and washes the conditioner out of her hair before turning the tab off and wrapping a towel around her. She sighs. Why does she have to share a dormitory with Draco Malfoy? It is obvious McGonagall had looked at his needs, but did McGonagall even think about hers? The last thing she needs this last year at Hogwarts was drama. She thought she had left most of it behind after the Wizarding War, but apparently a new war had been shoved right under her nose. Hermione walks over to the sinks to get her toothbrush, but when she gets there she sees a silver ring laying on Draco’s sink. Hermione looks at it and sees there is a serpent on it. Should she tell him it was lying there? No, they had agreed on leaving each other alone, he will find it himself soon enough. Hermione brushes her teeth and pulls her pyjama’s on before walking into her room. She had just settled down on her bed with her favourite book in her hands when she heard a weird sound coming from the common room. Hermione sighs and gets up. She walks into the common room, only to see Draco pulling one of the swords from behind the Slytherin shield that is hanging on the right side of the common room.
‘Those are no toys Malfoy.’ Hermione says.
Hermione had startled Draco, which made him lose his grip on the sword and cut his hand open.
‘OUCH!’ Draco groans, taking a tight hold on his wrist.
‘Oh my! I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you!’ Hermione says, quickly making her way over to Draco.
‘Here let me take a look at it.’ Hermione says reaching her hand out to his injured one.
‘No.’ Draco snaps, pulling his hand back.
‘I might be able to fix your hand.’ Hermione says, trying to get an hold of it again.
‘I said NO!’ Draco snaps
Hermione sighs.
‘Stop being such a big baby and let me help you, you spoiled brat!’ Hermione says quickly getting an hold on his arm and pulling his hand towards her so she can take a closer look.
‘That’s quite deep.’ she mutters.
‘Thank you Captain Obvious.’ Draco says.
Hermione rolls her eyes and lets go of him before walking off to her room.
‘What are you doing?’ Draco asks.
‘Getting a book I need.’ Hermione says.

‘This will do.’ Hermione says stirring in her cauldron.
‘Are you sure this is going to work?’ Draco asks looking in the cauldron.
‘It will.’ Hermione says before getting up from her place on the couch and getting the first aid kit she has standard in her trunk. She gets some bandages out and walks back to Draco.
‘Give me your hand.’ Hermione says holding her own out.
Draco looks at her with an hesitant look on his face.
‘Just give me your hand, for Merlin’s sake.’ Hermione says sternly.
Draco sighs before giving her his hand. Hermione gently holds it with her left hand while she spreads some of the sticky stuff she had made on his cut. Draco hisses, but Hermione ignores it, wrapping the bandage around his hand.
‘This will do. Tomorrow morning it will be like you weren’t stupid enough to play with a real sword.’ Hermione says.
‘It was your fault that I dropped it!’ Draco says.
‘You weren’t even supposed to touch it!’ Hermione defends.
Draco looks down at his hand.
‘It burns!’ Draco snaps.
‘Because it’s healing! Now man up Malfoy, you’re such a baby.’ Hermione says getting up.
She gathers all her things together before walking over to her room.
‘Granger.’ Draco says.
Hermione turns around and looks over at him.
‘Thank you I guess.’ Draco says.
‘You’re welcome.’ Hermione says before turning back around and walking into her room.

Hermione spits the toothpaste in her sink before wiping the leftovers around her mouth away.
‘How’s your hand?’ she asks when Draco comes walking into the bathroom.
Draco looks up, he hasn’t even noticed her there and the fact that she talks to him indicates it was alright for him to be there?
‘Slightly burns, but it’s okay.’ Draco shrugs.
‘Mind if I check?’ Hermione asks motioning for him to come over.
Draco shrugs and gives her his hand. Hermione removes the bandage and looks at his hand. There is only a light scar left where there had been a cut.
‘It looks okay.’ Hermione says.
‘The burning will stop in a few hours.’ she says before turning back around and walking into her room.
‘Hmm.’ Draco murmurs before getting his toothbrush and paste and he starts to brush his teeth.
‘We have to make the Shrinking Solution today.’ Hermione says from her room.
‘I know.’ Draco says.
Hermione sighs and shakes her head. Way to kill a conversation.  Hermione did her make-up and hair before peeking her head around the corner of the bathroom to ask Draco if he was almost done. What she didn’t expect was a half -naked Draco walking over to the shower. Hermione widens her eyes as she notices his six pack and toned arms and legs.
‘Like what you see?’ Draco asks.
Hermione’s eyes shoot up to his and she sees he has a complacent smirk on his face. Hermione rolls her eyes.
‘If you need me I’m in the Great Hall.’ Hermione says before walking out of her room, through the common room and quickly stepping through the portrait hole.
She quickly makes her way down to the Great Hall and sits down next to Ron after she has arrived.
‘Good morning.’ he says before kissing her.
Hermione smiles and wishes him a good morning before turning to Ginny and Harry and do the same.
‘You look bewildered, something happened?’ Ginny asks.
‘You look like you just saw Malfoy naked.’ Harry laughs.
Ginny raises her eyebrows and then starts laughing.
‘No of course not.’ Hermione says as Ron turns to look at her with his eyes widened.
‘Malfoy just cut his hand last night and I helped him.’ Hermione shrugs getting herself some toast from the plate in front of her before spreading some jelly on top of it.
‘He’s just two weeks back at school and he’s already hurting himself.’ Ginny says shaking her head.
Hermione shrugs.
‘It was an accident.’ she says.