Chapter 12: Haunted House

‘Draco!’ Hermione calls as she walks into the common room.
Draco looks up from his parchment and gives her a smile.
‘What’s gotten that big grin onto your face?’ Draco asks.
‘Well, I just heard we’re allowed to throw a Halloween party the 31st of October.’ Hermione smiles.
‘Well, well, well look at that.’ Draco smiles.
Hermione chuckles as she sits down on the chair next to his behind the table.
‘What are you doing?’ Hermione asks.
‘Oh just that piece for Potions.’ Draco shrugs looking at the parchment in front of him.
‘Can I help you?’ Hermione asks.
Draco looks back up at her.
‘Shouldn’t you be doing your own homework first?’
Hermione smiles and shakes her head.
‘Already finished it.’
‘I could’ve guessed that.’ Draco chuckles.
‘So….do you need any help?’ Hermione asks looking at the parchment and then at the book beside it.
‘I’m almost done, but thank you for offering.’
‘Well that’s what I’m here for.’ Hermione smiles.
Draco slowly nods his head.
‘Right, to tutor me.’ Draco says.
‘Anything happened lately?’ Hermione asks.
‘What do you mean?’
Hermione frowns and gives him a smile.
‘Just being a friend. Friends talk you know.’ Hermione chuckles.
‘Oh yeah, right.’ Draco sighs before giving her a small smile.
‘So got anything new?’ Hermione asks.
‘I broke it off with Pansy yesterday.’ Draco says.
Hermione raises her eyebrows.
‘Not that there was much to break up…… I mean we weren’t together.’ Draco quickly states.
‘You weren’t?’
Draco shakes his head.
‘You knew that right?’
‘Well I don’t know, I mean she’s been all over you since we returned, hasn’t she? I just figured you were a thing.’ Hermione shrugs.
‘Or do you sleep around with any girl you can get?’ Hermione asks raising her eyebrows.
‘What? No!’ Draco says.
Hermione frowns.
‘Why would you even care?’ Draco asks.
Hermione gives him a slight smile.
‘That’s what I’m asking myself all the time.’ she huffs before getting up.
‘I’m going to take a shower.’ Hermione announces before Draco hears her door close behind her.
Draco sighs and hides his face in his hands. Does she care about what he does? Does she really? Does this mean she has feelings for him? Draco frowns and turns to look over his shoulder, eyeing her closed door. He should tell her.

‘Thank you all for coming.’ Hermione says looking around the table at the prefects.
‘The Halloween party will be happening. McGonagall has given us permission to have a get together outside when it’s Halloween.’ she tells them.
‘What years will be invited?’ Ginny asks.
‘Fifth to our year.’ Hermione says.
‘You want fifth years to attend a party?’ Pansy huffs from across the table.
‘This will be once again a lame party.’ Pansy shrugs.
‘We can’t keep having parties for just the 7th and 8th years, that’s rude.’
‘What will be happening?’ Harry asks.
‘I was thinking of, of course, costumes, some games set out outside and perhaps we can even make a little “haunted house” in the castle itself.’ Hermione says.
‘How do you want to pull a haunted house off?’ Ginny asks.
‘We’ll figure something out.’ Hermione smiles.
‘It sounds fun.’ Luna says all of a sudden with her dreamy voice.
‘It will be fun.’ Hermione smiles.
‘This does mean we’ve got one week to get everything ready. Last time with the ball everything went great, so perhaps getting everything done with the same planning will get us where we want to be.’ Hermione says.
‘Sounds like a plan.’ Blaise says.
Hermione smiles and nods before clapping her hands together.
‘That will be it for tonight. I’ll hand the to do lists out tomorrow morning at breakfast.’ Hermione smiles getting up from her seat.
‘Hey, Blaise, can I talk to you for a second?’ Hermione asks as he passes her.
‘Oh yes of course.’ Blaise smiles.
‘Did I do something wrong?’ Hermione asks carefully as she fiddles with her fingers after everything left and they’re alone.
‘What do you mean?’
‘Well you stopped talking to me after the karaoke night, I figured I must’ve done something.’ Hermione says looking up at him, biting her lip.
‘No, no, no Hermione, you did nothing wrong! You’re perfect in any way that’s possible, don’t worry about having done something wrong.’ Blaise says.
‘Well what happened to make you stop talking?’ Hermione asks feeling her stomach turn because of the nerves.
‘It’s just some personal stuff at home, I just had to be alone.’ Blaise says.
‘Oh I’m so sorry to hear that.’ Hermione says.
‘It’s okay, it will be.’ Blaise smiles.
‘Well if you need anything, just tell me. I’m here for you.’ Hermione tells him.
Blaise smiles and gives her a kiss on her forehead.
‘Thank you.’ he says before pulling her into a hug.