Chapter 26: Guilt

Chapter 26: Guilt

Hermione wakes up to a sleeping Draco. He had laid down next to her last night while she was reading and had fallen asleep. Now his arm is wrapped around her waist, pressing her close to him.

'Morning.' Draco mumbles.

'Good morning.' Hermione softly chuckles.

'Shall we just stay here all day? Or all week.' Draco mumbles.

'That's a lovely idea, but we can't. You already missed three days of classes.' Hermione tells him.

Draco opens his eyes and looks up at her.

'I'm so sorry.' Draco tells her, seriousness washing over his face and that in the early morning.

'Draco.' Hermione sighs. 'Pansy was feeding you love potions. You couldn't do anything about it, you couldn't stop it. It's not your fault.'

'I feel so bad. I should've known she was up to something when she was giving all the students that had stayed behind on Hogwarts cupcakes.'

'Cupcakes? That you even dared to take one from her. I would've been too scared that it would explode in my face.' Hermione jokes.

Draco sighs.

'Stop thinking so much, I can hear your brain working too hard.' Hermione tells him.

'I'm so sorry.'

'Draco.'

'I really am Hermione. If I could turn back time.'

'Draco, stop it!'

'I'm-'

Hermione leans over and presses her lips against his, preventing him from finishing his sentence.

'Shut up you idiot. It's alright. It's not your fault.' Hermione tells him after pulling away.

'How do you feel about the whole thing? The fact that I, you know, slept with Pansy- multiple times.' he asks carefully.

Hermione sighs, looking at him, seeing him look back at her, his eyes no longer distant, but now filled with guilt.

'Babe. Of course I'm not happy with the whole situation, yes it hurts, yes it grosses me out, yes it makes me want to cry. But I'm just glad I've got you back, that's all I care about and that's all I want to think about.' she tells him, cupping his cheek. 'You're all I care about.'

'And you're all I care about.' Draco tells her before pressing his lips against hers.

'You okay?' Harry asks, catching up with Hermione after she left the Great Hall to go to the library.

'I'm fine. How did last night go?'

'Oh Slughorn could help him right away and we went straight to McGonagall.' Harry says.

'McGonagall?'

'To tell her about what Parkinson did to Malfoy.'

Hermione nods.

'So tell me more about the two of you.'

'What do you mean?'

'Why weren't you allowed to tell us about your relationship?'

'Because Draco's scared something bad might happen. Goyle's after him and apparently Parkinson is as well. Then there's the whole paparazzi thing.' Hermione sighs.

'So, if I'm right, you're just in a relationship between the walls of your dormitory?'

'You could say it like that yes.'