Chapter 30: For The First Time

*Disclaimer! There is going to be a little bit of undressing and all at the end of this chapter, so if you're not comfortable reading about these kinds of scenes I'd recommend you'd stop reading at the moment Draco kisses her when she's looking for a book in the bookshelf in their common room ;)*

'Are you sure this is what you want?' Hermione asks him softly as she looks up at him, stopping with tracing circles on his shirt.

'I don't want to keep us a secret any longer.' Draco tells her, kissing her forehead.

'You're not scared of Goyle or any on the loose Death Eaters anymore?'

'In that case we'd always have to be a secret.' Draco says.

Hermione shakes her head. 'You don't have to be scared though. I can protect myself. I'll be fine, we'll be fine.' Hermione tells him.

'We will.' Draco smiles down at her before pressing his lips against hers.

'Draco.' Hermione says after pulling away.

'Hmm?' he hums as he presses his lips against hers once more.

'Please promise me to talk to me when something's wrong.'

'I promise.' Draco nods.

'I-' Hermione starts, pressing her lips against Draco's. 'think I'm going to bed.' she whispers, pecking him on the lips before getting up from the couch. Draco grabs her wrist, pulling her back towards him and kissing her before letting go of her again.

'Good night love.' Draco winks.

Hermione chuckles. 'Good night.' she says as she walks towards her room. She changes her clothes for her pyjamas before she walks into the bathroom to remove her make-up and to brush her teeth. When she's done in the bathroom she returns back to her room. Turning off the light before letting herself fall down on her bed, wrapping her arms around her pillow, but when she does she feels something against her arm. She frowns, switching her bedside light on before lifting her pillow and looking underneath to see what she just touched. She takes the wrapped object from her mattress before placing her pillow back down. She sees an envelope attached to the wrapping paper, which she takes off before pulling the letter out of the envelope and unfolding it.

Dear Mione,                                                                           

Since it's been Christmas and I haven't had the chance to give you a present in real life for Christmas I figured it would be better to give you one when you arrived back. The fact that you're reading this right now means you've found your present underneath your pillow. With this letter I just want to tell you that I feel like the luckiest guy in the world now that I'm able to call you my girlfriend. You're the best thing that could ever have happened to me. You've made me change for the better. You've made me smile for the first time in such a long time. I'm thankful for your presence in my life and I wouldn't have wished it any other way. I needed this, I need you. The past two weeks have been dull, grey and boring without you by my side. I missed your presence, your warmth, your peaceful features as you silently sleep in the middle of the night. I missed talking to you, hearing your laugh and your singing while you're taking a shower, thinking I won't hear it. I missed looking at you as you watch the sun set, I missed watching you read and make homework. I missed you. You've made me see things in a different way, you've made me truly and genuinely happy and no one has ever managed that. Thank you for stepping into my life. Thank you for just being you. Now go on and open your present, I hope you'll like it.