Chapter 32: Quidditch Game

Ginny barges into the Great Hall, already in Quidditch uniform, her hair pulled up into a ponytail.

'Good morning.' Hermione chuckles.

'Good morning.' Ginny cheers.

'Excited for the game?'

'I sure as hell am!' Ginny smirks.

'What about the boys?'

Both Hermione and Ginny look up as Harry and Ron trudge into the Great Hall, still half asleep, before they sit down opposite from the girls.

'Not so much.' Ginny groans. 'BOYS!'

Harry and Ron both sit up and look at Ginny. 'What?'

'Wake up! We've got a game to win!'

Hermione chuckles.

'I'm glad I don't have to play.' she says.

'Understandable.' Ron mutters.

'Cheer up guys. This is our last year here, so we have to win this bloody cup!'

'Okay, okay, calm down now Gin.' Hermione laughs.

'I'm not sure if she'll be able to.' Ron mutters.

'At least she's motivated.' Hermione shrugs, taking a bite of her toast.

'Did Malfoy try out for the Slytherin quidditch team?' Harry asked.

Hermione shrugs. 'I'm not sure, I don't think so.'

'Why not?'

'Perhaps he didn't want to?'

'Shouldn't you know these kind of things about your boyfriend?' Ron asks.

'Oh get over yourself.' Ginny says, slapping her brother across the head with Hermione's copy of the Quibbler Luna handed her when she entered the Great Hall. 'She doesn't have to know every single thing about him. I don't about Harry.'

'You do though.' Ron says.

'I don't.'

'You do.' Harry says, looking up at her.

'You were a total fangirl before you started dating him.' Ron laughs, making Harry silently chuckle next to his best friend.

'Oh shut it you two.' Ginny says, rolling her eyes. Hermione softly chuckles as she shakes her head. 'Perhaps she didn't ask because they were too busy with other things.' Ginny says with an eyebrow wiggle.

'Gin!' Hermione hisses.

'Just kidding.' Ginny smirks, waving it away. 'Just kidding of course.'

'Come on, it's time to go and get ready to beat those snakes!' Ginny exclaims, getting up from her seat. 'We didn't even eat breakfast!' Ron exclaims.

'Well hurry up then.' Ginny demands.

Hermione sits down next to Lavender, who called her over the moment she saw her enter the stands. 'Malfoy and you are a thing now! I did not see that one coming.' Lavender says the moment Hermione sits down. Hermione turns to look at her and gives her a small smile. 'Yep.'

'What about our new beater over there?' Lavender asks.

'Just friends.' Hermione says.

'He seems to be smitten.' Lavender chuckles.

'He's not.' Hermione says, pulling her coat tighter around her body.

'Is your new flame in the quidditch team?' Lavender asks.