Chapter 28: Hurt

Chapter 28: Hurt

The week went by quickly. Draco still hadn't come up to her and she hadn't gone to him to talk. The fear that he actually didn't care for her as much as he had made her think came creeping up on her more and more as the days passed. She wanted to talk to him, she wanted to hug him, to kiss him, to feel his arm around her as she woke up, but something inside her kept telling her that he should come to her. And the fact that she would go on a "date" with Chris didn't help her to go to Draco first. She figured it would be better to go and talk to him on Sunday or after the "date". Hermione walks into The Three Broomsticks, searching the place before she spots Chris sitting behind a table in the corner of the room. A smile appears on Chris face, making a "Oh no." going through Hermione's head as she walks over to him. He gets up and gives her a kiss on the cheek as he says hi. He pulls the chair on the other side of where he was seated back to let Hermione sit before pushing it towards the table.

'Thank you.' Hermione smiles.

'How are you?' he asks.

'Oh, I'm good, how about you?' Hermione lies.

'I'm good, thank you.' Chris smiles.

'You did great at the try outs, I saw you made the team.'

'Yeah, I did. It feels good to have something to do apart from schoolwork. It's been a long time since I've been able to enjoy myself.' Chris sighs.

Hermione nods. 'I'm so sorry to hear about your parents.'

Chris sighs, looking down at his hands. 'Thank you.'

'They're never really gone though. They're still in your mind and in your heart.' Hermione tells him.

Chris nods, giving her a small smile.

'It's hard to lose someone you love and I can't imagine how it must be to lose your parents that way.'

'That way?'

'Oh, I- I uhm- I had to remove my parents' memories last year to protect them from the Wizarding War. When the Wizarding War was over I couldn't find them and it took the Ministry of Magic a while before they had found them.' Hermione sighs before shaking her head. 'But that's irrelevant.'

'No it's not. It must've been hard not knowing where your parents were and if they were okay.' Chris says.

Hermione looks up at him, surprised by his answer. 'Yeah it was, but it's okay now.'

Chris nods.

'So, why did you choose to be a Beater and not a Chaser, I honestly think you would've made an excellent Chaser.'

'You know what you're talking about, don't you?'

'I've seen many, many try outs and never have I seen someone as good as you were in those try outs.'

'Thank you.' he chuckles. 'I've got this habit of protecting people. So I figured this was the best spot for me to fill in the team.'

'That's amazing.'

Chris smiles as he shrugs. 'Just doing what I can do.'

'And that's something a lot of people could learn from you. It's inspiring and noble of you. I heard what you did the past year when Harry, Ron and I were on a hunt for Horcruxes. You've done an amazing thing and not a lot of people would've done that, you know?' Hermione tells him.

'Everyone could do it.'

'But not everyone does and that makes a difference.' Hermione smiles.