Chapter 31: The Day After

Hermione's eyes flutter open as she wakes up after a heated night. She turns to look at her right and sees Draco, still fast asleep, the duvet covering him from the waist down. She sits up and pulls the duvet up to his shoulders after she sees a slight shiver run down his body. She can't help but smile at the sleeping guy next to her. It had surprised her, and not only her, when he had kissed her right there and then in the Great Hall. She had not been expecting this from him, especially after the talk they had had that night. But she couldn't be mad at him for not listening to her. She had wanted to go public for months, but he had wanted to keep them a secret and now that he had wanted to let everyone know, she was chickening out. She's actually glad he did it the way he did. This way the question whether they should let everyone know yes or no was off the table and that made a big burden fall from Hermione's shoulder. One less thing to worry about. She silently got out of bed and sneaked off to the bathroom. On her way retrieving her tights, skirt and bra, getting some clean nickers and a clean blouse. Once in the bathroom she took a shower and made herself ready for another day of classes. But she knew what she had to do first; go to Ginny. Hermione quietly sneaked out of the bathroom, through her room, retrieving her wand before walking out of her room. She quickly grabbed her tie and sweater before pulling it on and tying the tie around her neck. She makes her way out of the common room and down to the Great Hall. When she walks in she sees students turn around and stare at her. She spots Ginny and makes her way over to her best friend before sitting down.

'Good morning.' Hermione smiles.

Ginny turns to look at her, but seeing the unusual expression on Hermione's face makes her suspicious, so she turns, sweeps one leg to the other side of the bench, to be able to fully look at Hermione.

'What happened?' Ginny asks.

Hermione chuckles and shakes her head.

'You didn't!'

Hermione bites her lip as she looks down, feeling her cheeks flush.

'You did!'

'What did she do?' Harry asks, looking over at them, stopping the conversation he was having with Ron.

'She-'

Hermione shoves Ginny between the ribs, shaking her head.

'She just read a really good book.' Ginny nods.

Harry raises his eyebrows as he looks from Ginny's grinning face to Hermione's flushed one.

'Oh.....' Harry says as he slowly starts to get what they were talking about. 'Oh!'

Ginny chuckles.

'It's nature, nothing to do about that, now is there Harry?' Ginny winks.

'Girls, we're having breakfast here.' Harry states.

'What does she mean?' Ron asks frowning.

'Nothing.' Harry says.

Ron raises his eyebrows. 'I don't get it.'

'Good.' Ginny smirks. 'We'll talk about this later.' she tells Hermione.

Hermione nods, taking a slice of toast.

'So tell me.' Ginny says after they had left the Great Hall.

'What do you want to know?' Hermione asks.

'How was it? How do you feel?'

'It felt strange- a good strange and I'm feeling great actually.' Hermione smiles.