Chapter 31 - Mother always knows

"It's been 2 days."

"Yes and that's long enough. Go talk to him, he needs you."

Astrid and Valka where in Valka's house making some tea in the late morning. Saige was on the ground near the fire playing with a stuffed dragon.

"He doesn't need me, or want my help he said."

"I get that, but people around the village are starting to talk."

"Talk?......Talk about what?"

"You and Hiccup. They have suspicion that you aren't in love and you left him. And I don't know if you know, but good things will not happen to you."

"What do you mean Valka?"

"Well they say that if a chief and Chieftess aren't together anymore then the one who doesn't have the blood line will be left for nothing."

"Ugh right, like that will happen to me."

After that Astrid got up from her chair and left the house.

"Saige what am I going to do with your parents." Valka said to her granddaughter who was happily playing with her toy.
Valka may or may not have told a white lie to Astrid, just so she can get her son and daughter-in-law back in order.

----------------------------------

As Astrid was up with rage from the talk she had with Valka about what the village was saying about her, she was heading her way to find Hiccup. She thought long enough and it was time for her and Hiccup to get their priority straight.

While Astrid was walking and thinking about what to say to Hiccup she arrived at her and Hiccup's house. She took one deep breath then opened the door.

"Hiccup?!"

Astrid walked around the bottom floor of the house looking for Hiccup. "Hiccup are you here?!"

"Astrid?!" Was all she heard from up the stairs. Then not a couple seconds later Hiccup came down the stairs.

There was a long awkward pause before both of them said anything.

"I think it's time we talk." Was what both of them said at once.