Chapter 9- Okay

As Astrid and Gobber stripped Hiccup's shirt off they saw the unthinkable. His whole chest was covered in purple and black bruises. Fishlegs, Tuffnut, and snotlout left to help the village clean up from the battle, so it was just Valka, Gobber, and Astrid left in the house. While Astrid and Gobber were tending to Hiccup Valka was getting some hot water and cloths to wipe Hiccup down.

"Okay I got Gothi and she knows what to do!" Ruffnut yelled as she entered the house with Gothi. As the two walked over to the table Gothi gave Astrid a look. She gave Astrid that look of like she knew what happened to her earlier today. After she gave her that look she put one of her hands on her stomach and then looked down.

After that little moment Astrid and Gothi had, Gothi went over to Hiccup and placed some cream all over his bruises. She then wrapped them in oak leaves. "Why not just use some bandages?" Ruffnut asked in confusion.

As Ruffnut asked, Gothi went over to Gobber and started to do these hand signals."She says the cream and oak leaves together create a medication, so she puts the leaves on instead." Gobber explained. "Oh. Okay......Well I should get going. I have to go help out the village. Let me know what happens!" Ruffnut shouted as she was half way out the door.

About and hour after Ruffnut left is was getting dark and Gobber thought it was a good time to take Gothi home and go home himself, since Hiccup was stable. Once Gobber and Gothie left Valka got up from watching Hiccup and started to make some dinner. Half hour later Valka came back from the kitchen and brought out two bowls of soup.

"I'm not hungry." Astrid said sitting beside the kitchen table holding Hiccup's hand in her's.

"You need to eat. You lost a lot of blood and a baby today." Valka said in a serious voice, handing her the bowl of soup. After that Astrid didn't bother to argue back so she took the soup and started to eat.

"Isn't is funny how I find out I'm pregnant the same day I lose the baby." She said in a sarcastic remark. "I guess Thor doesn't want me to be happy. Not to mention almost losing the love of my life." Astrid said in the most depressed voice, while she was giving the bowl back to Valka so she can take it to the kitchen to clean.

"Astrid dear please don't say that. It was just a very bad day. For you and Hiccup. Valka said Before entering the kitchen.

"I guess so ....." Astrid said under her breath.

Just then before she could think or speak, Hiccup started to open his eyes.
"Oh my gods Hiccup!" Astrid yelled in joy.

Once Valka heard those words she came rushing out of the kitchen into the living/dinning room.

"Astrid? Mom? What happened? Where's Drago? Where's Toothless?" Hiccup said trying to get up. But once he tried Astrid took him from the shoulders and pushed him back down gently.

"Well you were in battle with Drago, and toothless shot a plasma blast at him when he was standing over top of you . When the blast hit him he fell on you. Since he was wearing all the armour and he is like ten times bigger then you, you fell unconscious and your whole chest got badly bruised. Hiccup you need to rest now. Drago is dead and Toothless is over by the fire resting. Like you should be doing." Astrid said starting to get tears of joys and sadness in here eyes.

"Okay I will, but please tell me why you have tears in your eyes mi'lady?" Hiccup asked trying to sound okay.

"I'm .....I'm just so happy your alive and here with me." Astrisd said starting to cry lightly.

"Well I couldn't leave you to raise our child alone. Now could I?" He said with a smirk on his face. Hiccup was reaching his hand out to place on Astrid's stomach but before he could, Astrid got up and ran upstairs crying. "What was that about?" He asked his mom with a confused face.

"I think once you have healed a little more, we should talk about what that was about. Now rest please. I will be upstairs if you need me. Okay."Valka said putting one hand on her son's shoulder and giving him a kiss on the head. Then she left to go upstairs to find Astrid.