Chapter 32 - I love you

"I wanted to apologize for the way I acted." Hiccup said with a low voice.
"I know all you did was try to help me, but I just didn't want you to see me like this. I -"

But before Hiccup could finish he felt warm lips on his own and a pair of arms surround him. As soon as he realized what was happening he pulled Astrid closer to himself.

After about a minute the two broke apart. "I know you were just trying to act like a tough man you are, but I am your wife and it is okay for me to see that side of you. I love you no matter what."

At that, a smile creeped up on Hiccup's face."I love you too."

"I think it's time we had a proper talk." Astrid said while creating a little space between her and Hiccup.

Hiccup took a deep breath in and let it out as he replied."I guess it's time."

"What is going on with you lately?Are you having nightmares again? Is it something I did?"

"No it's nothing you did. I Just can't sleep at night anymore. Every time I try to go to sleep I wake back up from a nightmare. So I thought to myself, what if I just didn't sleep."

"Hiccup." Astrid said in shock.

"I know, I know it wasn't that smart of me......Clearly.......I let you down, and I'm sorry. It's just I don't know how to get rid of them. They're haunting me Astrid." At those last words Hiccup fell into his chair in the living room.

Astrid walked over to his armrest and sat on it. "Hiccup I don't know how to help you. But what did Gobber say?"

"I ugh haven't really talked to him about it."

"Hiccup."

"I know I should have gone and talked to him when you asked slash told me to, but I just didn't have the time."

"Hiccup if something is wrong with the chief of Berk and he needs to take sometime to get back to normal, that is perfectly fine."

"So I shouldn't go due my duties tomorrow?"

"Well if you are going to go talked to Gobber then yes I think you should take some time off your duties."

"Okay sounds like a plan......Well I think I'm going to relax for the rest of the day........Would you like to go for a flight with me...........Mi'lady?" Hiccup said while getting out of his chair and stretched out his hand/arm for Astrid to take.

With that Astrid placed her hand in his and went for a flight.

------------------------------------

Valka walked outside with Saige in her arms to get some fresh air. When she looked up into the sky a smile was placed on her face when she saw her son and daughter-in- law together on Toothless.