Frazer Webb

Toga Pov

Dabi and I walked along the city's streets, looking for any patrolling heroes. We stuck with the dark alleys originally, but were getting nowhere fast after a couple of hours. I jumped onto Dabi's back, hoping to draw out his body heat and into myself. He grumbled underneath and tossed me over his shoulder and into the cold wet snow, covering the back of my jacket in slush.

"Come on Dabs, I'm freezing." I said, slowly getting up. Shivers making their way down my back.

"I suppose we have been out here for a while." He responded in a moody tone.

I smiled, grabbing his hand and pulling him in the direction of a small cafe I knew that was nearby. I was so ready to sit down and warm up. With the snow storm that's heading our direction, the temperature is much colder than it was at the beginning of this week.

I slowed my pace and turned to face Dabi. He rolled his eyes but didn't do anything, nor even try to pull his hand away from mine. Something he would already have done if he had better sleep.

"Come on grumpy, wanna warm up in the cafe?" I asked, lightly tugging him towards the door. The lady just inside the door greeted us with a smile.

"For two?" She asked politely. I nodded, and felt Dabi remove his hand from mine. We sat down at a window seat for two, the menus were placed in front of us. I nodded a quick thanks and looked back at the grumpy man across from me. He pulled out his phone, and texted a number that I assumed was Shigaraki.

"Who are you texting?" I asked curiously.

"Shigs. Who else?" He glared at me.

He put his phone on silent mode, placing it face down on the table. I tried thinking of small casual topics to start a conversation, one hopefully not making him angry.

"Do you know what you want?" He asked, his eyes focused on the menu.

"Was just going to have a sandwich, maybe a coffee with it. What about you?"

"I don't like coffee."

A new lady came back and asked us what we would like to start with. Dabi ordered a hot chocolate and I ordered a small coffee. A little something to take the extra cold edge off. I suddenly heard a notification through Dabi's phone. I decided not to pester him about not knowing how to put a phone on silent mode, yet I internally laughed at him.

I saw his facial expression soften, his eyes scanning over the text. I snickered a little knowing full well it was not Shigaraki.

"Toga stop it, just ask what you want."

"Are you texting your boyfriend?" I laughed again, quietly so he didn't hear.

"So what if I am?" There was a pause before he realized what he had said. He didn't deny it!

"Wait! No we aren't...never mind." He trailed off.

"So you are texting birdie."

His eyes lifted and glared into mine sharply. He pressed his lips tightly together, but never opened his mouth.

"He finally responded after a few days. I was wondering if he even would."

"Well what did he say?"

"He asked who I was. I never told him it was me, plus he didn't have my number beforehand."

"Better hurry up and tell him before he blocks the number."

He huffed out loud, texting. Then deleting what he had written. "If I tell him who I am he will block me anyway."