baby bear.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
{ 38 }
𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐫

*═══╗{ 38 }𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐫

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Mrs. Kim handed the packet of drugs to the police and they bowed, getting back inside their car. Jimin pat her back.

"Well done, Mrs. Kim." He congratulated and she smiled. Yoongi came down the front steps carrying the bags of bottles. He opened the trunk of his car which was parked on the driveway and put the bags inside neatly.

"There's a pub that might take these, and if not, then I can just dispose of them." Yoongi informed, shutting the trunk. Mrs. Kim nodded.

"Thank you boys so much. Life has been... certainly better." She hugged both Yoongi and Jimin before going inside again. The two boys got into the car and Yoongi started driving.

"I can't believe it's already been a month since she started getting therapy." Jimin said. Yoongi nodded.

"She's gotten so well. I'm excited for her and Taehyung to become close again."

Soon, Yoongi dropped Jimin off and the shorter walked up the driveway to the front door. He unlocked the door and closed it before taking off his shoes. Mrs. Park was watching k-drama while doing a face mask in the living room.

"Oh, you're home?" She asked. Jimin nodded, going over to his step-mother and hugging her. Mrs. Park embraced him lovingly, planting a kiss on his head. "Are you tired?"

Jimin shook his head, feeling comforted by his mother's hug. "Not really. I might do some homework." He gave her one final squeeze before hopping up and making his way upstairs.

──── •◦ ◦• ────

Taehyung walked up the steps to his house. It was getting darker and he already dreaded coming home because he was sure his mom would be drinking at the kitchen counter. Taehyung sighed, taking off his shoes and putting them on the rack before stepping inside.

He hadn't really seen his mother that much this month. In fact, he rarely heard her yelling because he never bothered to check.

Taehyung froze. The house didn't smell like alcohol. He swore he could faintly hear some 90s Korean music playing in the kitchen. Taehyung gulped.

"Eo-Eomma?" Taehyung called. He waited in anticipation. Mrs. Kim dried her hands on the towel and walked around the corner of the archway, coming into Taehyung's view. She was wearing a plaid apron with her hair in a loose bun.

"Oh, Taehyung-ah—I didn't hear you." She smiled, walking over to her son and pulling him into a hug. Taehyung couldn't form words. Who in the world was this woman and why did she look like his mother?

Mrs. Kim pulled back. "Go change your clothes and come have dinner." She waddled back into the kitchen. Taehyung stood at the doorway for a minute. The hug had shocked him as he hasn't felt that from his mother in a long time.

Taehyung quickly jogged down the hallway and shut his bedroom door. He peeled off his clothes as quickly as possibly before throwing them into the laundry hamper carelessly. Taehyung bolted into the kitchen and his jaw dropped.

On the counter, plates of bulgogi and bibimbap were positioned pleasantly next to each other. Mrs. Kim was on her phone, sitting at the counter bar stool. She looked up and noticed her son had entered.

"Come sit, baby bear." Mrs. Kim patted the bar stool next to her. Baby bear. He hadn't heard that nickname in a while. Taehyung's lips broke into a smile. He eagerly went and sat down next to her.

It was possible that he could be dreaming, but he didn't care at this point.

"Eomma, what is all this?" He asked, gesturing towards the food.

"Dinner. I haven't cooked for you for months." Mrs. Kim answered. Taehyung picked up the chopsticks and began eating. His mother shut off her phone and joined him.

"I don't understand," Taehyung chewed the meat slowly and swallowed. "You aren't...drinking?"

Mrs. Kim shook her head. She swivelled around on the bar stool and grabbed her sons hands. "I think it's time I told you what I have been doing this month..." Taehyung nodded, letting her continue. "The truth is—I've been taking therapy."

Taehyung's eyes lit up. "Really?! That's amazing!" He couldn't stop smiling. "What pushed you to do it?"

Mrs. Kim smiled. "Jimin."

Taehyung's smile faltered and his eyes widened. "J-Jimin? Park Jimin?" She nodded.

"And Yoongi. They told me to keep it a secret from you so that you can see me at my perfect state and be surprised." Mrs. Kim explained. "I'm not completely fine yet, but I'm trying to improve every day...for you, Taehyungie."

Taehyung teared up. He moved forward and hugged his mother for the second time, unbelievable as to how lucky he is. He couldn't grasped the fact Jimin did this for him. For her.

Taehyung stilled.

Jimin did this for him and his mother.

He pulled back from his mom. "Eomma, I need to see Jimin." She laughed.

"You can go now, just take a jacket." She pecked his forehead and he nodded briskly, rushing to the door and grabbing a coat off the hook. "Be back soon so that you can eat all of this!"

──── •◦ ◦• ────

sad to say there is only a few more chapters left :(

- miinyoonqix