Chapter 42- Always

*Cara's POV*

I shut the door quietly behind me and left Ava standing in the hallway. I could hear her taking but ignored it. I took off my clothes and went and took a shower. It felt nice to wash everything away.

I got out and dried off. I put on my favorite blue sweatshirt and a pair of Nick's boxers. I attempted to dry my hair with a towel but the cast wasn't much help so I gave up. After that I just crawled into bed abd pulled the blankets over me.

I laid there for hours till it was finally dark out. Several thoughts were running through my head. My body was still sore but I tried not to think about what happened.

I had slept for what felt like ten minutes before I opened my eyes. A familiar sound reached ny ears. I sat up in bed then tossed off the blankets. I climbed out of bed and walked across the cold floor to the window. Looking out I saw something that made my heart skip a beat. Nick stood at the edge of the tree line. His yellow wolf eyes shown bright against his dark coat. He howled once again.

This time I opened up the window and climbed out. The grass was chilling on my bare feet but I didnt feel it. I walked across the lawn towards the trees. I looked around once I got into the cover but I didn't see him. I kept walking out into the forest with no prevail.

I spun around as a stick cracked behind me. I watched as Nick slowly approached me. I could still see all of the lashes across his chest, blood still stained to his body.

He finally reached me and gently brought me into his chest. We stood the for a while embracing eachother without saying a word.

"Will you spend one last night with me?" He whispered into my ear. His breath warm on my skin.

I swallowed the lump that had rose in my throat. "Of course." I answered quietly.

I felt my feet leave the ground as he carried me through the trees.

I curled up into his chest and shut my eyes. I listened to the soft beating of his heart as we traveled father in woods. I felt myself being lifted down. I opened my eyes and looked around at my new surroundings. We were in a dark cave that had a warm breeze blowing through it. Nick set me on the ground before sitting down as well with his back against the cave's wall. I quickly crawled over to him and let his strong arms wrap around me.

"I can't stay." He whispered to me why rubbing my back.

"I know" I sighed.

"I can't walk around knowing you won't be safe. I should have done something to prevent this but I let it carry on." He carried on as he ran his fingers through my hair. "I promise I will come back for you. Chandler can handle the pack. They will keep you safe."

"Nick." I said looking up at him but he kept talking. I rolled my eyes then leaned up and kissed him. That sure shut him up. Boys. "I want to be alpha."

He started choking once I said it. Literally choking on air. "What?"

"I want to be alpha. I know I can do it and I have been watching you while you work. I believe I can handle it." I said while looking down at my hands.

I felt Nick's hands touch my chin, he moved my head so I had to look at him. "Is that what you truly want?"

I nodded. "I always did say I would become alpha one day." I said with a mischievous smirk.

He laid me down on my back and hovered over me. "Ya I remember the day you said that." He leaned down and kissed my forehead. "But you can't."

"Why not?" I snapped back at him.

He sighed and played with the ends of my hair. "Because a Luna can't take over being alpha unless she is already fully mated." Now he was looking at me. His eyes shadowed darker. "And you can't slip your way around that rule."

"Are you serious? This isn't some way for you to get what you want?" I glared at him.

He broke into a big smile. "No. But it would have been a perfect way." He said with a smirk plastered on his face.

I hit his chest with my fist. "You jerk!"

He grabbed my hands and pinned them above my head. Now he was just barely off of me. "So is this what you really want?" He asked quietly.

I bit my lip as I thought about it. His eyes automatically drifted down to them. He let go of me hands and looked at me again. I cracked a smile and tangled my finger in his soft hair. "Yes. This is what I want."

His eyes went even darker. "Do you trust me?" He whispered his face becoming closer to mine.

"Always."

Okayyyy! There you go! Now I'm sorry I can't write those scenes. But I think you all know what happened.... Im not going to go into detail about that. Anyway we are so sadly nearing the end. But the story shall continue!

Remember to vote and comment! Love ya!