Chapter 24- Unbelievable

*Cara's POV*

I woke up the next day in the afternoon. The sun cut through my curtains and hit me hard in face. I finally opened my eyes and immediately was met with a pounding headache.

Last night! I thought and every thing rushed back to me.

The break up. Going to the party and meeting Dawson. Then Nick showing and fighting Dawson. Over me...

I shook my head. I didn't want to think about that.

I walked down stairs and made my self some cereal. I pulled out my phone. 7 miss calls and 12 texts. All from Nick besides one call. I skipped through all of them, only listening to the very beginning. One stopped me.

There was a shaking to his voice. "Cara I know you are super mad at me but please listen to this. I love you more than anything in the world. I didnt ask you to be luna yet because I would have to claim you. I didn't think you wanted that. You are younger then me and a lot different then other girls and I didn't want to scare you off. Please forgive me. I love you so much and I am nothing without you. Please just call me back." He said like he was about to break down throughout the whole message. I sighed and shook my head. I wanted to run to him and tell him its ok. But I didn't I went on to thr next message. It was from Dawson, he invited me over to his house. I decided to go. Just to get my mind off things.

I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. There was now some clouds covering the sky. I hoped it didn't rain. I carried on through the forest on foot. I stopped when I heard a branch break. I could hear my heart beating in my chest. Rain started to fall from the sky. Rolling off the leaves, and making puddles. Ugh. I kept walking and tried to forgot the feeling of not being alone.

I was near the border now which made me nervous. I hoped I wouldnt be caught by someone from his pack. Or mine. There were tall trees around me and dark green leaves.

"Cara." I heard my name and looked up.

Nick was standing in front of me. He wasnt wearing a shirt and his hair was soaking wet. Rain rolled off his muscles. I could now see all of his muscles. He was perfect. My eyes finally came up to his face. All I saw was pain. I felt like I was being pulled towards him.

"Where are you going?" He asked walking towards me.

I wanted to say something but my mouth wouldn't open. I only could take a step towards him. He had a bruised eye and hid knuckles looked like they were broken. While I was scanning his body I found something that I hadn't noticed before. There was a circular black tattoo on his right bicep. Took his hand in mine.

Unbelievable.

"I really am sorry." He said. "Will you tell me where you are going?"

"I'm not going anywhere." I whispered.

Our eyes locked. His turned to a dark grey, then back to brown. I let out a sigh as he pulled me into his bare chest.

"How is it you are so warm when you aren't wearing a shirt?" I asked.

"It's a wolf thing. You just haven't caught on." He said. A shiver raked my body. He picked me up then sat on the ground with me in his arms. I slowly got warmer. I sighed.