Chapter 20: Arguments

Back in the pride lands, the lions had finished their meal and threw away the bones. Kiara was bathing her cubs while Kovu was talking with Simba and Nala.

"Mom! You're messing up my mane!" Chaka complained.

"Hold still, Chaka. I'm just getting started," said Kiara.

"Ugh! This is going to take forever! I want to play with Hodari and Azuli,"

"You will play with your cousins after your bath. But for now, hold still so I can bathe you," Kiara shook her head; her oldest son took after her father, and he dislikes baths.

"Hey, mom. Can we go stargazing?" asked Nama.

"Let's ask your father before we go," Kiara said, "But for now, you all need a bath, and it's almost time to go to sleep."

Nuru and Nalia walked towards them, "Hey, sis. Hey cubs," she greeted.

"Hi, auntie Kiara. Hi, Aisha, Chaka, Faraji, and Nama," Nalia greeted as she and her mother sat down.

"Hey, Nuru and Nalia,"

"Hey, Auntie Nuru. Hey, Nalia,"

"What brings you over here?" Kiara started.

"I want to speak with my sister while Nalia wants to play with her cousins. I swear she can't sit still for a bath,"

Kiara laughed, "Same for Chaka. They got it from their grandfather,"

"I know, right?"

Nalia tackled Chaka and pinned him down playfully, "Ha! Pinned ya!"

"No fair! I wasn't even ready!"

"My mom always said, be on your guard,"

"Ugh, whatever!" Chaka grumbled, pushing his cousin off of him.

"Cubs, no roughhousing. You all still need a bath," said Nuru.

"Yes, mom/auntie Nuru," the cubs said.

"Nuru, could you please help me with your nephew?" Kiara asked, "He doesn't want to take a bath."

"Sure, sis. I'll do anything for you," said Nuru.

"Cubs, you still have bath time. Come over here so your aunt and I can bathe you," said Kiara as the cubs walked over towards them.

Chaka tried sneaking away, but his mother placed her paw on his tail, "Where do you think you're going, young lion?"

"Umm, nowhere,"

"That's what I thought. Now, Chaka. I'm not going to bathe you,"

Chaka's eyes lit up, "Yes! No baths!" he exclaimed.

Kiara chuckled, "Your aunt's going to bathe you,"

Chaka frowned as he heard that his aunt Nuru was going to bathe him. Kiara picked him up and put him down in Nuru's paws. She held him down firmly and began licking him clean as Kiara picked up Nama to bathe her.

"Oh no, aunt Nuru! Now you're messing up my mane!" Chaka complained.

"What mane, Chaka? I only see a ball of fluff on your head," Nalia snickered, making her cousins laugh.

"Shut up, Nalia! You know you're going to get a bath next!" Chaka barked.

"So what? I like taking baths, unlike you," she said.

"And you can't even sit still for your mom to bathe you," he retorted.

"Chaka and Nalia," Kiara spoke in a firm tone, "Stop it."