Spell on you - Halloween 2021

Damon had been very clear. Stay in the car. He had said it twice. Once just, in general. Then he had reached into the back of the car, taken Stiles by the front of his shirt, and repeated slowly, and firmly, that you both had to stay in the car.

"No offence. But I liked it better when you weren't related to psycho vampires." Stiles said as he watched you climb into the front seat. Bonnie had been brought along. Stiles assumed that it was because a witch might be needed. You, knowing Damon, highly suspected it was Bonnie's idea to come along, because she was the only person Damon seemed to like.

"You liked it better when my only psycho relative was a nutty werewolf hunter?" You asked him, glancing back at him before fumbling with the glovebox on the car.

"You know what, yes, yes I did. At least they were trying to stab me with a magic sword and not trying to eat me or sacrifice me for some spell!" Stiles hissed as you finally got the glove box open. As it popped open the car moved forwards. You could both hear the wheel fighting being dragged along the car park.

"Please tell me you did that for dramatic effect." Stiles insisted quickly. He glanced around and yelped, scrambling into the front with you, beeping the horn as he did. "I hate witches. Deaton was bad enough, he just spoke in riddles but these witches out here are homicidal."

"So was Peter and we kept him." You said casually as you went back to snooping. You found Damon's ID and frowned as you looked at it.

"Does he really think anyone would believe he is twenty three?" You asked Stiles.

"I don't care. There is something out there. We should head inside because I would rather be chased around an abandoned store than be sacrificed to raise the devil." Stiles insisted. You watched him get out before getting out of Damon's car. As the two of you walked to the store the lights turned on and the car seemed to follow you.

"Is it supposed to do that?" Stiles asked as if he was thoroughly fed up.

"Urm... no. No it's not. We should run." You answered slowly. The two of you ran as the car squealed forwards. When you burst inside you could hear Damon swear.

"Did you two get out of the car?" Bonnie called.

"Yes." You answered in unison.

"Do you have a good reason for ignoring me? Again!" Damon snapped, finally coming into view at the end of one of the isles.

"Cars are ghosts." You answered as you looked over the items on the nearest shelf. "Scared Stiles."

"The car was driving by itself and there was someone out there watching us!" Stiles insisted. You chuckled and glanced at Stiles.

"It's Mystic Falls dude, everyone watches us. They're boring and we have fun." You explained sarcastically. Before you could fully turn and head down towards Damon your feet were yanked from underneath you. Both of you went flying onto your backs, the wind knocked out of you, head's smacking on the hard floor as something dragged you away.

"Damn it! Hold on kid." Damon called. You could hear Bonnie yelling a few words you couldn't recognise. You saw a blur in your peripheral as you were yanked into a separate aisle from Stiles.

Then suddenly it stopped. You heard Bonnie asking Stiles if he was ok. You tried to catch your breath as they hurried round to you. As they helped you to your feet you caught sight of Damon dangling someone in his hands.

"Kai. What the hell are you doing here you irritating asshole?" Damon asked as he lifted the man higher off the floor.

"Honestly? I was going to steal those two. They looked like they'd have a lot of magic juice that I could steal." Kai answered. Your head was still throbbing as you leant against Stiles. You certainly didn't like the way that Kai was looking over at the two of you.

"I'm sorry, I got chased by a car and hit my head pretty hard. Who is this man and why does he think I have magic juice? Furthermore." You said but you became too dizzy and the throbbing in your head hurt so much that you turned and vomited.

"What the hell is magic juice?" Stiles finished for you. Damon tossed the man away and Bonnie began chanting again. Damon hoisted you over his shoulder and grabbed Stiles by the back of the shirt, steering him out of the store and towards the car that had definitely moved at least ten feet from where he parked it.

"Let's get out of here before he traps us." Damon muttered as he practically shoved the pair of you into the back seat.

"You know you didn't answer our questions about the magic juice." You moaned, flinching every time a street light passed and flooded the car.

"Kai Parker isn't one of our friends and you should never take anything he has to offer you, magic or otherwise because he is a bad guy and will trick you." Bonnie explained slowly. She looked at you both and decided she was rather worried about the fact that both you and Stiles seemed to be struggling to stay away. You'd hit your heads hard but she had thought she'd at least managed to soften the blow. You frowned at her then glanced at Stiles who raised his eyebrows.

"We're delirious with concussions, not children. But thanks we've got it. Don't take magic juice from the evil magic man." You answered as you started to feel sleepy.

"I really wish that we had just stayed at home. You know Scott said they're dealing with a walking skeleton." Stiles muttered to you.

"Damon... these guys need a hospital or something." Bonnie warned. You could see Damon glancing at you in the mirror. You felt sick but also tired and slightly light, not light headed but like the whole of your body could float. The more you tried to resist sleeping the worse the feeling got and the less aware of the random gibberish you were spewing you became.

"A hospital isn't going to do it... But we're not that far... we... Stefan is going to hold this one over me for years." Damon muttered as you started to really struggle to stay conscious and you slumped against Stiles.