Spell book - Halloween 2021

"Ok. Look. I get that it was upsetting but I need to know more." Stiles said slowly. You were swinging your legs over the side of his desk that you'd sat on the end of. You sighed and looked at him.

"Why? I don't want to talk about it." You insisted childishly and Stiles sighed.

"Because there is an Alpha roaming around out there, stealing people, and he almost got you! We need to stop him." Stiles insisted.

"Well he said if he let me go and left him alone, he'd leave me alone." You reminded him. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Also you're only a detective so you can't boss me around like your dad. Who is the Sheriff."

"Actually I can boss you around, I'm a deputy and also I'm the second in command in the pack!" Stiles said as he leant on his desk. You pulled a face and shook your head, he mimicked your head shake and looked confused for a moment.

"Actually Lydia is the second in command and Scott is just incharge because of the wolf thing... so."

"(Y/N)! Tell me what the alpha said or I'm going to lose it!" Stiles snapped. The Sheriff knocked on the door and gave Stiles a look before closing the door to the office.

"I don't know if he said something like..." You trailed off and Stiles stared at you. This war the most he'd gotten out of you in an hour and he was starting to feel like he was losing the plot. When Peter had said witches were difficult and talked in riddles he hadn't believed him, mostly because the closest he'd come to meeting a witch was Deaton. But you were obstinate to the point he felt like he might just retire already. "I am, what psychiatrists call, alpha male."

"What?" Stiles said as he'd zoned out and honestly was somewhat confused by what you said.

"That's what he said, Stiles!" You insisted, sounding irritated, he hadn't paid attention, which was fair, he thought to himself. "I am, what psychiatrists call, alpha male." You repeated in a deep voice as you puffed up your face and made a deep frowning face.

"That's all?" Stiles said as he sat down in his chair and looked a little defeated.

"Um... well yeah. He also said that he beat Peter at a game of basketball once and that there used to be a basketball team at his highschool, wayback when and that coach was on his team before he transferred." You said and Stiles gave you a look as if he wished you would erupt into flames right there on the edge of his desk.

"He knew coach!"

"Well yeah, that's why he's looking for him, because Coach has the only photo of him before his accident and it can all be traced to him. That's what he told me anyway." You said casually.

"(Y/N) why didn't you say that when you first came in!" Stiles seethed.

"Well it didn't seem important at the time. Now will you give me my spell book and let me go?" You insisted. He relented and handed over the book, glaring at you as you went on. Then hurried to phone Scott and fill him in, with several complaints about having to work with witches.