The Baby Project

To say Stiles was nervous would be an understatement. He'd arranged to pick you up from your swim team practise on Friday, the day you'd usual start off your whole weekend of working on your project with him.

He wasn't nervous because of you; in fact, all the extra time together had given him one heck of a confidence boost. You both knew the spare room was set up for you but you'd always fall asleep either on Stiles or on his bed so he'd just snuggle up with you. Admittedly that started because Stiles had messed with your project doll and it had kept you up all night so both of you just passed out on each other.

Knowing he'd be spending nearly the whole weekend with you he'd used the time after school to hang out with Scott which had ended up as a trek through the woods and some Lacrosse practise through an old tire.

When his phone binged, reminding him to pick you up he grabbed his backpack, completely unaware that the doll had dropped out of his bag until a few minutes ago. Scott promised to go back while he was picking you up and find the doll, either taking it back to Stiles' or leaving somewhere that Stiles could easily find it.

You headed out of the building and into the cold, Stiles was staring off into space and didn't notice you tug on the Jeeps door until you tapped on the window.

"Hey (Y/N) sorry, you ok... how'd it go?" He babbled away.

"Yeah it was good and I think I might have a shot at getting on the team this year." You grinned happily at him.

"Great awesome... good for you." He smiled and tried to carry on talking as he got a text and let out a sigh of relief. "Do you mind if we drive by the walk near the Hale house?"

"Urm... Stiles it's like half eight at night and real dark." You said wearily.

"I know but um... I may have lost the doll in the woods.... We can get our usual take out on the way home." Stiles winced when you rolled your eyes.

"Yes but you better know where it is because it's cold and raining." You mumbled, smiling when he let out a sigh.

"Stiles do you know where you're going?" You asked as you pulled your jacket around you.

"Um, this way I think?" Stiles muttered.

"Are you sur...!" You yelped when you slipped and Stiles stumbled after you. You screamed when a snapping dog hurried at you and Stiles hoisted you out of the way.

"Stiles, (Y/N) why are you out here?" John called out as the two of you flinched away from his flash light.

"We were walking along the path looking for the baby doll thing but (Y/N) slid down the bank!" Stiles explained.

"Oh well here... you mean this we found it a while back, how'd you get this far away?" John chuckled as he handed the doll over and beckoned two officers to help you get back to the Jeep.

"Told you." You giggled quietly with a gentle punch to his shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah at least I can walk in the rain." He snorted out as you slipped and yelped, grabbing Stiles' hand. He kept his fingers tangled with yours as you followed the officers, hurrying into the Jeep and the warmth of the car.