Home for Christmas - December 2021

"Scott and Melissa will be here in ten minutes!" You heard your dad call up the stairs. Slowly you shuffled into Stiles' room, being sure to bang as loud as you could against the door, rather than knocking before you entered.

"What'd you want?" Stiles grumbled.

"You have ten minutes to get up and also I need to go halves on your gift to dad." You said. Stiles sat bolt upright faster than you'd ever seen.

"No. I was going halves on your present to him." Stiles insisted.

"Urm. No, you said you would get the gift. You didn't get a gift! It's Christmas in ten minutes!" You said in a panic.

"Scott will have a spare gift for his mom, maybe we could just steal that!" Stiles suggested.

"I told you to get that mug you saw." You insisted as he fell out of his bed and scrambled to get to his feet.

"Well I was being chased by a homicidal lizard, I didn't have time to stop and buy a gift!" Stiles snapped, sleepiness far from his mind now. The two of you bickered until Scott came up.
"Neither of you are ready?" Scott said. He was wearing a new shirt and his shoes seemed extra shiny.

"We were but Stiles neglected dad." You said.

"I did not neglect dad. You could have gotten him a gift yourself and then I could have gone halves and we wouldn't be in this mess. Where can we get a gift in under a minute?" Stiles said sarcastically.

"Are you two still worrying about that?" You both looked to the door and saw your father in the doorway. "I knew you'd forget, so my gift to you is a gift for you to give me."

"You knew we'd forget?" You asked. You sounded rather sad.

"(Y/N) Parrish had to save you from a literal swamp monster and Stiles you had to go and see Melissa about being almost mauled by a giant lizard. It's not like you didn't think about getting me something or like you just didn't bother you had a reason, besides, I'd rather have you both home and safe than a gift. Now get dressed and get downstairs."

You watched him walk away and grinned at Stiles who rolled his eyes. "What? What do you want now?"

"I'm going to get dressed first and we're going to watch my movie for movie morning." You said gleefully. You dashed past Scott and headed to your room slamming the door.

"No. I can't stand that movie. Not this year." Stiles said as he shoved Scott out of his room and started to get dressed.

"Oh happy Christmas Scott. It's so nice to see you Scott. So glad that wendigo was saved last night Scott, good job." Scott said sarcastically. When he turned he saw that you were both in your bedroom doorways watching him with amused looks on your face.

"Do you want to pick the movie Scott?" You asked as you patted his arm.

"Yes." Scott mumbled as the three of you headed downstairs. Melissa had brought so many gifts with her that you had to open several just to be able to see the tv and put a dvd in the player.