•1•

•Chapter one•

It doesn't take minutes for a change to take place. It takes years of patience and tolerance.

Atlas.

A realm that had made itself one of the perfect kingdoms out there by mastering the art of being a human and feeling what a human needs to.

Well, being human had also become an art considering the society and rules which made one person feel low and miserable while another strong and mighty. They were surrounded by those people who believed that rank matters more than humanity. 

This kingdom didn't own a huge army or the most beautiful physical features like waterfalls and mountains. Atlas did not own anything more than its open-minded people who were accepting and loving to all.

They weren't great for being accepting; others were just selfish and bad. 

They believed in the power of selflessness and were the most understanding people. 

Omegas.

That was what was the speciality of this place which was founded by a female omega--a woman everyone in present time called 'Mother Atlas'--who had suffered forty years of torture. Her abusive parents had sold her to their nomadic pack's alpha to pay off a debt and treated her like nothing but a mere, worthless object.

They had all rights over her; they were her parents, after all. Moreover, she was just a useless omega. 

She killed both of them.

The head alpha of the pack, her husband, was someone who claimed to love her when he was also like her parents, accepting her like a trading object. 

He had always convinced her into thinking that her body belonged to him and that he had all rights over her. He did what he wished to do without taking her sentiments, sobs, pain and anything related to her into consideration. He abused her in every possible way and behaved like whatever he did was right.

That's how omegas were supposed to be. They were born to be at the feet of an alpha, dependent on either their alpha fathers or husbands for living and for feeling happiness.

She killed her husband.

Her story and the past wasn't properly detailed. The younger ones knew of Mother Atlas only because of the older people who told them the stories. 

But they all knew for sure was that she had given them the worst death they could live. 

People say that she had added the juice of the deadliest plants to the food of the three cruel people who ate the food she made without putting much thought into it. She watched them scream to death while their bodies burnt from inside.

That hadn't satisfied her enough. Their screams were so low, nothing compared to the way she used to scream when they abused her. 

She kept them alive to hear their screams which were like music to her ears while stabbing them in not so vulnerable places so they don't die so easily. 

She satisfied her burning desire for revenge.

And when she was done, she had dragged the bodies of her abusers down the aisle of the courtroom and had thrown their bloodied form on the floor. She had had everyone's eyes fixed on herself as she walked up the stairs and sat down on the throne, declaring herself as the queen without announcing it verbally.